News: NCsoft buys CoX from Cryptic Studios

Holy green spandex outfits, Batman! Let out your inner superhero, or that dastardly demagogue we know you keep hidden in your brainy bits.

News: NCsoft buys CoX from Cryptic Studios

Postby Sayvara » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:29 am

I don't know if you read the newsletter we get in the mail but here it is anyway:

Newsletter from NCSoft wrote:Today we announced the acquisition of City of Heroes from Cryptic Studios™ and the formation of our new Northern California studio which we are informally calling NCsoft® NorCal (click here to read the press release). Nearly the entire City of Heroes team from Cryptic Studios has joined the NCsoft team and together we have formed the core of our new studio.

As is normal with any coup... uhm... takeover, the subjects get a bit of goodies for this:

Newsletter wrote:Now back to you, the players. You are the lifeblood of our game. In celebration of our new studio and our exciting plans, and in order to thank you for the fantastic community that you have built, we are pleased to announce the following.
  • Full Access to City of Heroes® and City of Villains™ - All players with City of Heroes retail* accounts will now have access to City of Villains, and all City of Villains retail* accounts will now have access to City of Heroes. Players that didn't previously have access to "the other side" will find that they do now. Just log in to check it out!
  • Debt Wipe – After the launch of Issue 11: A Stitch in Time, we are removing Debt from all characters and giving you a fresh start. The actual date will be announced shortly. Have fun in the mean time.
  • 20,000 Prestige – Also after the launch of Issue 11, all Supergroups will receive an additional 20,000 Prestige per Supergroup member, meaning SGs could acquire up to 3 million Prestige based upon their Supergroup membership roster! Again, the actual date will be announced shortly.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Re: News: NCsoft buys CoX from Cryptic Studios

Postby Archibold » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:45 am

Good move from NC soft

Remember that Cryptic is currently developing Marvel universe online , which will probably do very good :D
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Adjanah » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:23 am

Sayvara wrote:20,000 Prestige – Also after the launch of Issue 11, all Supergroups will receive an additional 20,000 Prestige per Supergroup member, meaning SGs could acquire up to 3 million Prestige based upon their Supergroup membership roster! Again, the actual date will be announced shortly.

Good lord! We need more members! And NOW!This is the prestige influx we need! Everyone, start making alts!
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby kellidir » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:11 pm

I have about 6 slots free and an unguilded Starlight Chaos ... so I figure thats a bonus 140k from me to come.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Return to CoX: The Lobby