Account of the Last Quest

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Account of the Last Quest

Postby Felaion » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:32 pm

11th November

Felaion (who was known as Suede in the lands Men call Bree) and Keara (who had formally been known as Kellidir) had been living in and around the town of Bree for near-to a year, for purposes I have been unable to discover. Both had remained behind when the fabled Thorn and his companions travelled west, into the Blue Mountains, where rumor spoke that a great Hall had been built. Neither Felaion, nor Keara had any knowledge of the positioning of the rest of the former Thorns, and neither had it bothered them until now. I am unsure whether it was the Man or the Woman who first proposed the Quest, yet what I do know is that Felaion was driven by a duty to protect the Woman from all ill, and troubling dreams had affirmed his suspicions that Mirkwood, the Dark Place, should be their ultimate destination, though for which end or purpose - this was not so clear.

Surprisingly, they were both in agreement. They had to reach the War in the East. Yet both, equally sure, knew that they needed to first seek out the scattered Thorns. I think that both knew their chances were slim at persuading any of them to follow, but it was more important that they try. So, with Felaion pushing leadership upon Keara, she named the day they would leave, giving both time to prepare. The journey would take them West, hopefully to the Blue Mountains before winter settled in, where they could ride out the cold months, and start their journey East as soon as the weather permitted. Their first goal was simple - to find the Hall built by the Thorn, for it would be the ideal place to begin their search. Felaion spoke the words: "Even if we cannot find the Thorns - we need the Sword." speaking of the blade of their former Captain, the Thorn himself. I doubt that Felaion knew why the sword was so important at that time.

NB: This is a sort of plot-hook me and Kelli are going along with. I thought I might post little updates when I can, Kelli feel free to do so too. I thought it might be a nice, and casual, hook - travelling relatively slowly through the world, making the most of what's there without the constraints of a huge plot-line, where everyone around is a DM and a player at the same time. Drop in, drop out. We will be seeking each of you out, so hopefully with LOTRO being F2P, you'll be able to make your appearance, and stay or not - up to you.
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Re: Account of the Last Quest

Postby Lirandel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I am game. My computer crashed though. So until I get some blood money from Granny Goodness. I will be on when I can leech on either my sis or a friend's comp. That being said. Thanks for the initiative guys. :mrgreen:

Sincerely

L
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Felaion » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:25 pm

No worries, we don't know where we'll find you - or if we will at all, so no pressure! Will keep you posted here on our progress - you might have to let us know what we find when we get to the Hall you built in Ered Luin, when we get there.
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:23 pm

You find a remade guild hall. Well cared for...
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Felaion » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:11 pm

18th November

One week later, and trouble brews for the small company on their quest. It transpires that the roads out of Bree-Town are being watched - and descriptions of Kellidir and Felaion have been distributed amongst certain circles. It was only though sheer chance that Felaion noticed the footpad on his tail, and managed to pilfer a small note from the fellow. Kellidir later revealed the contents of the note - two words, simply stated as an order to the footpad. 'Find Mornereg'

Suspecting that their mysterious follower seeks to use the duo to find the fabled Black Thorn himself, Felaion suggests a different route out of Bree, posing as wool-traders on their way to the winter market in the West. Taking a little more time to prepare, it is by chance again that they encounter Faradir, and explaining the situation to him, then giving him the choice to come or to stay - he opts to follow them to the Hall of the Black Thorn. The Captain and her Right-hand man were joined by the Scholar, the duo becoming a trio.

In Bree-Town, they continue to make preparations...
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Faradir » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:55 am

It was a few days ago Faradir met the two and that only by accident as he was not expecting to see any of them while passing Bree. Yet there them were. It was Kellidir, or nowadays Keara as he soon learned, he met first. It was not that they noticed one another right away, for much has happened to her. On his behalf it was hard to even recognise her and for her it was what has happened to her. It is not often that Faradir is so badly shaken for witnessed as much as he has, but she did that to him. Soon though, he found that there was a glimpse and then more of his friend still there, even though much was changed and possibly even lost.

Later that same day he also met Felaion who came to meet her after spending the day in search for best deals for supplies for the journey they were planning. Felaion was more like before, both in good as in bad, if a bit bitter. It seemed that he couldn't decide whether to chase the maids or harass Kearas new friend with whom she clearly enjoyed spending time with.

They told him of their plans, of course, to gather the company back together, start from west, where the Thorn have their halls, search of the sword, and to go East then. All that sound good to him, to get together with friends with whom so very much was happened in quite short time. And ones again rise their flag and ride to battle to fight the darkness.

Yet there was something else though, lurking behind, that raised Faradirs doubts towards the quest, or not necessarily for that itself, but for the reasons that has driven these two into it. Kellidir was any more what she used to be, and her reasons were questionable. Even more, there was something in Felaion, actually without him, Kellidirs, Kearas reasons would have been acceptable. But there was something pulling them, and especially Felaion, towards the East. And why the Sword, it sounded like he needs it even more than the Company.

And as that strange pull would have been enough, Faradir heard him muttering to himself with an old tongue, lost from Middle-Earth ages ago. Ones used by great men of Númenor and then refugees of whom many lived close to where he spent his youth, nevertheless long forgotten, blended and changed into common speech. But, there might be some still, some came before the others and they have not blended among the other people in the Middle-Earth as the late. Which it is, why the Sword, who's Keara or in the end, is there anything to worry about?

With these thoughts, on the fifth day after they met, with an excuse that he was needed in Rivendel, he gave a promise to them to be there as always, if he can, and went to search for answers.
Faradir

Postby Felaion » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 am

24th November

Felaion, in a semi-intoxicated state, opens up some of his intents to their newest 'recruit' after a fit of unexplainable rage. The Company must leave soon.

Gywendolin says, '[soft] Do you want to tell me about it? The thing that angered you?.'
Felaion sighs, rubbing at his brow before he drops the dagger onto the table and shrugs.
Gywendolin watches him patiently
Felaion starts to speak - all former traces of his accent are gone.
Felaion says, 'It's nothing. That's an honest truth - because it is. When there's no hope, I feel rage. I can't explain it... Save that it's akin to the summons - which I can't explain now. So we'll do this simply, you deserve to know.'

Felaion says, 'I am not a prime example of humanity. King's Men, that's quite the understatement. My father's demise... ensured that, a long time ago. Yet when I came here, I met a woman. Just as you met me, and under similar circumstances, she brought me to join a'
Gywendolin raises her brows as his accent vanishes but listens intently
Felaion says, 'Company. The Company of the Black Thorn.'
Felaion draws a slow breath and sighs.
Gywendolin reaches an arm forward to touch his arm in a friendly way to urge him to go on.
Felaion says, 'We were strong. When united. Yet our differences caused an end. We all abandoned the Black Thorn himself, who never gave up his faith in us. We returned to being that which we'd been before he found us. Nothing.'
Gywendolin looks now puzzled
Felaion says, 'I contributed in no small part to this. I drove his adopted daughter away. I helped a man try to kill him. I broke the Company. Now... years later... I have this urge. This pull... it's as if someone is calling me to war. My very blood burns with a desire'
Gywendolin says, 'Desire? ...of what?.'
Felaion says, 'to serve a distant master - and I know full well that I'm the biggest coward I ever met. The idea of marching to War is... beyond me. Yet there it is. That's why we're going to the Blue Mountains. It's got nothing to do with wool.'
Gywendolin nods now understanding slowly slowly
Felaion picks up his dagger and toys with it again.
Gywendolin clears her throat
Felaion says, 'Legend says that the Black Thorn built a Hall in the Blue Mountains. I have to repair what is broken. Reforge the shattered pieces of the sword, so as to speak.'
Felaion looks up at Gywen, waiting for her to speak.

Gywendolin says, 'It is an honourable thing that you do then Fela. And I shall march next to you if you and your company will have me. I have done things tonight that in my wildest dreams I never thought I would do and a big part of it is thanks to you. So excuse me if...'
Gywendolin says, 'I think highly of you no matter what. Now...woud you ike something to eat. It will restore some of your mood.'

Felaion shrugs, smirking somewhat.
Felaion says, 'Sure - I coul' do wit' some dinner tha' I didn' cook myself.'
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Return to LOTRO: The Library