Mah neuw Paladin! Just need the favor...

General talk, rumors, builds and so on concerning DDO.

Mah neuw Paladin! Just need the favor...

Postby Cromes » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:53 pm

Build over Palna Toke's build. Just ask Marcvs about it's effectiveness. ;)
Just need to get Cromes to 1750 favor (any help appreciated, CoF elite needed ;) )
He will be a mix of Cromes and Zoraks.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.10

Targan *Something*
Level 12 Lawful Good Human Male
(12 Palnadin)
Hit Points: 152 (188 with 18 con, 218 with my Greater False life ring)
Spell Points: 152 (222 with PoP VII)
BAB: 14\14\19\24
Fortitude: 22
Reflex: 17 (21) (Spectacular Optics +4 reflex save)
Will: 16 (21) (+5 with relic helm. Dunno what else to get from there. Have heavy fort belt)

AC: 43 (10 + 3 (dex) + 4 (aura) + 12 (mfp) + 7 (sheeld) + 3 (Spec. Optics) + 2 (Chaosgarde) + 2 (Inv Ring))
46 With +5 Barkskin

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 12)
Strength 17 20 (24: +4 item(gloves))
Dexterity 11 11 (16: +1 tome, +4 item(boots))
Constitution 13 13 (18: +1 tome, +4 item(necklace))
Intelligence 10 10
Wisdom 11 11 (14: +1 tome, +2 (relic helmet))
Charisma 14 17 (22: +1 tome, +4 item(cloak))

Key Items: +4 MFP of Command (-2 check pen, +2 cha based skills)
+5 Mithral Heavy Shield (0 check pen)
Belt of Heavy Fortification (100% protection from Critical Hits and Sneak Attack)
Ogre Power Ring of Greater False Life (+1 str, +30 Hit Points)
Invaders Ring (Stability, +2 Natural AC, +13 Balance, Dismissal 3/day)
Relic Helm (+2 Wis, +5 will save)
Chaosgarde (+2 dodge AC, Protection from Chaos)
Spectacular Optics (+3 protection AC, +4 Reflex Save)
PoP VII (+70 SP)
+4 Str Gloves
+4 Dex boots (have yet to get)
+4 Con necklace
+4 Cha cloak

Leaving NO free slots. :/. Queen Belt FTW!

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills: (Level 1) (Level 12)
Balance 2 7 (21 with 16 dex, MFP, and Invaders Ring)
Bluff 2 3
Concentration 1 1
Diplomacy 2 3
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 3
Heal 0 0
Hide 0 0
Intimidate 2 3
Jump 4 10 (10 with 24 str and MFP, and easily buffed)
Listen 0 0
Move Silently 0 0
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 0
Search 0 0
Spot 0 0
Swim 3 5
Tumble 1 3
Use Magic Device 4 13.5 (18.5 with 22 cha and +4 mfp of Command on)

Item and tome stats not calculated for skills, so they are generally higher.

Level 1 (Paladin)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Power Attack
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh

Level 4 (Paladin)
+1 to Strength

Level 5 (Paladin)

Level 6 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Use Magic Device

Level 7 (Paladin)

Level 8 (Paladin)
+1 to Strength

Level 9 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 10 (Paladin)

Level 11 (Paladin)

Level 12 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
+1 to Strength

A little messy set up, since I've used the Enhancement Builder for enhancements, rather than the Planner, due to the Builder being easier to use, and more correct, as far as I've heard.

Paladin Extra Smite Evil I (1) <--- Level 1
Paladin Attack Boost I (2) <--- HAVE to take something silly. Bah...
Paladin Armor Boost I (3) <--- Equally bah. (both useable, but could've used APs elsewhere)
Human Versatility I (4)
Paladin Charisma I (6) <--- Level 2.2
Paladin Bulwark of Good I (8 )
Paladin Resistance of Good I (10) <--- Level 3.2
Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I (12)
Paladin Extra Smite Evil II (14) <--- Level 4.2
Human Improved Recovery I (16) <--- Think I could've gone Human Vers II, but hardly worth it
Paladin Charisma II (20) <--- Level 6.1
Human Adaptability Charisma I (22) <--- Level 6.2
Paladin Bulwark of Good II (26) <--- Level 7.2
Paladin Resistance of Good II (30) <--- Level 8.2
Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II (34) <--- Level 9.2
Paladin Bulwark of Good III (40) <--- Level 10.4
Paladin Resistance of Good III (46) <--- Level 12.2

Leaves 2 spare APs for level 13, so that Pal Cha III is possible by 13.4.

Ending Enhancements:
Res of Good (+3 saves), Bul of Good (+3 ac), Extra LoH (+2 LoH/day), Human+Pal Cha (+3 Cha), Extra Smite (+2 smites), Imp Recovery (+10% from healing spells),
Human Vers (+2 to all skills for 20 secs, 5/day), Attack/Armor Boost (+2 att/ac for 20 secs, 5/day).

Thoughts are welcome, also ideas RP-wise. :D
Last edited by Cromes on Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just see speedbumps as mini-ramps!
Cromes

Postby Volgh » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:29 pm

I am not helping you till you decide a story RP wise. You are only copying a build and I doubt you will have a lot of fun with it, since it's your 3rd try with a paladin. IMO, if you find a liltte something about his background you miight be pulled into it a lot more.

Also, if you wanna wack things stick to fighters or barbarians. Paladins are there for the fluff mostly; they are nothing compared to the other two.

As I see it, it's the oh so usual kopesh wileding human paladin. Nothing new to it and nothing to ponder about. Make him, but I doubt you'll discover anything really new to it.
Volgh's saying of the week:
"No more hidey sneaky!"

Shards of Siberys Forums - NEW home for the Shards!
Volgh
Troublemaker Extraordinaire

Postby Cromes » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 pm

His story's been decided now. :twisted: Heheh... And yes, 3rd try but Daralzahn was all messed up and Zoraks is a weakling. This new one will for one: be a 32 pointer, secondly: be build around something that was not a crazy idea that *I* came up with (as you point out), and thirdly: be based on me having some good equipment ready for him, which I didn't have with neither Daral nor Zoraks, since I only had Cromes' loot to use. And I couldn't dress him (Zoraks) in gems... Also, the reason that I keep making new ones is that I simply haven't found one that works for me yet. hehe..

So this new build could and should *rock* fairly much. As I said, ask Marcvs how Palna is holding out. This build is making the paladin *more* than just fluff, since he'll have great to-hit, even with Power Attack on, because he can use Divine Favor (Power Attack is -5 to hit, +5 dam/Divine Favor is +5 to hit, +5 dam = +/- 0 to hit, +10 to dam). With a reasonable weapon, he'll hit as well as Cromes and do nearly as much dam, while at the same time have great saves, great ac, be able to heal team-members and have some UMD. I might not out-kill Marcvs, and I might not be as good a player as Palna, but this build should keep up with Marc fairly well, and I will be able to help out in other ways than with the killing too.

And yeah, getting a little boring with all the khopesh wielders out there, but it's the best weapon, so what's to do? And don't even start with the race. The most fitting for pally is human, drow, and halfling, so of course we are seeing a lot of those. They aren't original, but they fit their role well. Heheh.. At least as a human, Marcvs isn't going to throw me out the window (you'll need to have heard his joke to get that one). :wink:.

And the last reason for doing it: I *love* starting all over! Really. Working your way up, being happy about looting that +1 flaming weapon (new char wont, but Cromes will in TS and then there's a use for crap like that). Also meeting new players in the low levels is fun. :D
Cromes

Postby Cromes » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:01 pm

Btw, I currently have 2 cha and 1 wis tome, so short 1 con and 1 dex. If any of you gets your hands on one of those, I'd very much like to buy it of you, or swab one for one of the cha's. :D
Cromes

Postby Marcvs » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:25 am

I know, it's effective enough, but I wonder why you take 10 int. Not too much use for skills other than intimidate and umd, and with a human, you get that. Of course, it's nice to be able to self-jump, but 7,5 ranks won't do much. And, wis 11 / wis 10, well, I am a fan of maxing strenght. With 18 base, a favor tome, human strenght and some easy to get +4 items you'll get to 28 str. Not too rotten at all.
Marcvs

Postby Cromes » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:10 am

Actually I've put no ranks in Intimi at all. And human vers is getting nerfed badly.. :/. Palna's build suggested 9 int and the use of a tome, where as I've just taken lower wis and aimed for a tome there. So not much difference there, except mine will have more skills.

Palna's build aims for the 18 str, but 12 dex, where I'm gonna go with 16 dex for the full use of mithral FP. That will give me +1 ac and +2 reflex. I doubt I'll be getting the +2 favor tome for this char anytime soon, since I've just been through the trouble with Cromes and I don't feel like I can be bothered.

One problem is also that he needs to be lvl 13.2 or something to get the pally +3 cha enhancement. I dunno if they raise level cap with Mod 4. Any info on that? Cause if they do, then I'd consider using human str instead of cha to hit 25 (26 with +1 tome). An 18 in str is simply to expensive, as far as I'm concerned. At least for this build. So I'll never be as buff as Palna or Marc, but I'd be able to keep up.

And with a lot of luck and a lot of loving, I'll get a +5 str item by the time I get the favor. ;)
Cromes

Postby Marcvs » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 pm

The level cap is going to 14. Yay.

How's the favor hunting going, btw?
Marcvs

Postby Cromes » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:32 pm

Ungh... WAAAAAY too slow... 1573 at the moment, I think. Not *too* bad, considered I was at 1000 about 2 weeks ago, with only 3-4 short days of online-ness. Still need tangleboring and delera's. And all the Necropolis, which I might need a re-install to ever do.

For now, I'll wait as long as I can before login in. Let other people find those character destroying bugs that might have come with the update. Hehe...
Cromes

Postby Cromes » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:59 am

Okay, trusting the mailbox too much as a second bank, plus adding a lot of stupidity and lazyness, with a little sprinkle of not understanding the mail system that well = Lost 2 tomes (3 if Caran doesn't get a Wis tome sent back) + some other rather nice items (+4 dex ring, sonic res 3/day) along with some less nice items (a very good looking +2 fp). Soo... Not crying, but stings a little to loose for 1.3 mill in tomes and all the other nice stuff. heheh..

If I get the tome back from Lommy, I now need a con, dex and cha tome... Feel free to keep your eyes open. Also, one of those templar halfplates would be nice, no matter what magic is on it.
Cromes

Postby Cromes » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:32 pm

And so it was... The Palnadin Casimir Flameshield was born and let out into the world. No evil-do'er be safe!

In another part of Stormreach, Cromes Prism, Sergeant Brother of the Company, flexed his muscles, having learned new training methods from weeks of studying an old tome. (30 Strength now)
Cromes

Return to The Lobby