Getting this show on the road

Getting this show on the road

Postby Adjanah » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Right!
EQ2 installed, updated and ready to roll. Seems we are denied access to anything but the two european servers Runnyeye and Splitpaw. None of them are officially "RP servers", and so far I haven't had luck in finding out if the players have designated one of them the unofficial RP server or not. Either way, I have so far chosen RUNNYEYE. Unless anyone objects, come join me there.

For starting zone I am very much leaning towards Freeport so far. Nice and dark, and doesn't have to mean you need to play a cackling madman so suffused with evil he can hardly walk. I have a concept for a rogue who is just massively down on his luck, for instance. Unless anyone objects, I propose FREEPORT as our starting zone.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Re: Getting this show on the road

Postby kellidir » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:10 am

You simply change your region select to English US at the EULA agreement screen to get the american servers.
Last edited by kellidir on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby kellidir » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:13 am

Since its runnyeye I have a level 70 healer (ylona) and level 64 mage (ishka) and a 30 something brawler (Xedia).
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Adjanah » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:50 am

*tries it*
Yeah, you're right! Well, that leaves all ports open to us then!
I'll stick to Runnyeye for now though. European server = less lag. I will do some forum pokage though, try to take a few readings of the RP community on both EU and US servers.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby kellidir » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:02 am

so what characters are you on as?
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Adjanah » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:06 am

As per your recommendation, I'm back on my Qeynos-side character Kilaern on Runnyeye.
Should we choose to go Freeport, I have my brigand Dags.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Archibold » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:40 am

There is no RP community on European servers. I tried back at the days , looked really hard.
Funny thing is EQ2 has one excellent thing LOTRO took , and this is RP flag. Just in EQ2 it is much more visible , and you can even search /who rp , and see the list of RP flagged players.

But this is where it hit me. I tried to contact people with RP flag , just to be either ignored or cussed , when i finally got one of them to talk - he didnt know what roleplay was - he even thought i am talking about "forplay" ?! \

So I asked him why does he have RP flag - And he explained me , its because he wants his level and info guild hidden. So I ask him why he does not use /anonymous flag. And he says , its because anon. also hides your name - and RP does not...

Well that really did it for me. I send few letters to support asking to change rp flag functionality so it wont be exploited... But no answer

I continued searching for RP , and RP guilds ... actively both on forums and chat. But nothing.
Best that i could find is few very very casual rp people. But thats it

On USA side there is Anatonia Bayle server - that is reportably RP preferred. I tried it too, but found nothing.
May be the time difference ... i am not sure

Anyways , i doubt the RP situation changed.
EQ2 community was good, and friendly when i played year and half ago - but not very rp minded
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Haelewulf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:02 am

I gotta say, I prefer the Antonia Bayle scenario... any chance we could roll on that instead? I just cannot bear constant streams of LOL et al, with no grounds to refute it.
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:07 am

Time to decide. before i start my heavy and enjoyus grinding run... Which server... Antonia bayle... Runny poh poh... Ms. Elisabeth, Or what the hell its called. I am getting the itches here. But i will not make my character on the wrong server. so make up your mind... I am up for anything... :P
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Archibold » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:14 am

Haelewulf wrote:I gotta say, I prefer the Antonia Bayle scenario... any chance we could roll on that instead? I just cannot bear constant streams of LOL et al, with no grounds to refute it.

Well , As I said ... Runnyeye server (when i played) was totally devoted of RP. But it does not mean it had bad community. Quite contrary - Everyone there was polite , friendly , and spoke proper English.

As for USA server

Keep in mind that
1. You will have added lag
2. You are at least 7 hours behind

Its a though choice , i know
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Haelewulf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:04 pm

If everyone "speaks" properly, I can put up with a lack of RP from those around us. The chance to possibly play with my American buddies, though, does have its attractions...

Make the call, guys, I'll be there as soon as my thrice-curséd package FINALLY arrives. :D

Still haven't decided between Monk, Conjuror, or Berserker... it's a hard life. I'll see what takes my fancy.
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:29 pm

I will just make a call then. and cleave it down the middle so to speak. Runnyeye it is. Because of the following things.

1) Kelli has some characters there. Which is a great ressource.
2) Less laggy sucky feelings for some.
3) People (As rumor states it) Are not Lol mongrels.
4) And if there is no RP at all. Then we make it ourselves, when we want to.
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Amen to that.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Archibold » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:46 pm

Adjanah wrote:Amen to that.

Yup , reasonable choice
Archibold

Postby kellidir » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:25 pm

Having run an RP guild on runnyeye for a long time ... should have looked harder archi :P ...

I happen to know there has been a large qeynos RP guild on runnyeye since almost the release of EQ2. Its the european roleplay association, who are using the global name of "Too Late Running". I approached them about possibilities of cross group RP between them and my RP guild run by me and candi at the time of "Midnight Legion". We did roleplay with a third group which we met in an open dungeon, this group had been been grown up roleplaying together over ten years.

I have never had any problems with "LOL" or that kind of thing on runnyeye.

If you want I can try getting in touch with my old contacts.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Next

Return to Everquest 2