I gave in...

Holy green spandex outfits, Batman! Let out your inner superhero, or that dastardly demagogue we know you keep hidden in your brainy bits.

I gave in...

Postby Yontan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:19 pm

And I love it! :D
I finally got around to activating my COX account, created my first blaster and jumped straight in with a slight tinglely sensation..that might have been to do with the electrical charges running down my characters arms though. I jumped straight into a sewer run group at the prompting of Wulfy (who was there to witness and make so i didn't back out :P) and suddenly I was level 8! flipping heck blasters are fun!
Yontan

Re: I gave in...

Postby Adjanah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:15 pm

It's a damn fine game. I give in myself time and time again, just popping in for a few evenings, then back out. :D
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Haelewulf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:54 pm

That's exactly how it goes. :D

Still, if anyone fancies rolling a new character, purely for some gameplay (leaving the storytelling to the game, for now), we have a defender and a blaster on the go. Red and blue colours [Edit: Featuring prominently, that is. No need to go with a boring lack of colour. :) ], the rest is up to you... :)
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Hm... I will commence tha poke when I have finished some more writing on my pnp pet project aside from The Gamma Coalition. If I start playing I will lose my momentum ;)

I will write here when I am online. And Yonti! Join the Gamma Coalition. the salary is not worth mentioning and the bad guys are laughing at us, but some day we will get back what is ours! ;)
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:53 am

Oh damn you all. CoX installed and ready to go. ^^ I'll make me a scrapper or a tank if we already got a healer.
Anyone game for putting our heads together tonight?
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 am

As a matter of fact, we had that in mind. *grins*

The situation as it stands is thus; we don't have a healer, per say. However, I'm a forcefield defender, which considering I can already (at level 15, without enhancements) give you a defence of 25% (softcap is 45%, which I can get close to giving you (39.5%) with level 30 IO's), WITHOUT any defensive powers of your own... plus I'm putting out 18.75% damage bonus thanks to assault, with you doing an extra 13% damage to anyone I hit with an attack, thanks to Sonic's debuffs...

I am a Defender. I will not heal you. You will not need healing.

:D

The other toys Forcefield gets to play with later involve area denial. Yontan is rolling a blaster, because if he sits at the back with me, all bubbled up, at level 18 I get another toggle that simply repels all enemies away from me. Thus, blasting happy, especially with the damage bonus and the defense I mentioned. :)

So! A common tactic with this is to have as many as 5 blasters with one forcefielder; this is on account of the area denial I mentioned, and with only 6 on the team, no bosses spawn... a boon for blasters with AoE. By level 32 you have 5 nukes cycling, and after they blow, they jog back into the bubble.

Now, you may still want a tank or scrapper, and if so, fair enough! I shall shield the squishies while you go to work, and increase your defense to all by at least 15% (without enhancements), since you may not be in range of my PBAoE defense toggle. Similarly a scrapper may find he suddenly has tanker-level survivability... but no built-in taunt. Anyway, all that to say that ANY character will add to the team, so make whatever you feel like! :) Poke me on MSN, we can work out times and whatnot!
Haelewulf

Postby Adjanah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Blaster it is then, and fine by me. :)
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:33 pm

*grins* Awesome! Incidentally, those who are playing for a month only may want to take a look at the Mac Special edition released yesterday. It's a tenner, digital only, and includes a month of gametime, some awesome cozzie options, and a "teleport me straight to the mission" power.

Needless to say, I nabbed it. :)

EDIT: Just to make sure, I'm not saying that we rolled characters with the intention of building a 5 blaster/1 FF'der team, so really feel free to roll whatever you'll have the most fun with (healer included, if you like!) I'm just saying that we as a team (since we're all damn handy behind the keys) will be able to handle whatever we come across regardless of "that perfect team set up", so pick a character you've always wanted or a neat concept and go for it! :)
Haelewulf

Postby Adjanah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Right, I've rolled up Kurt Kinetic, the energy/energy Blaster. ^^
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Yontan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 pm

sooo. could someone do some handy handy linkage for this digital 10squid bonus pack?
Yontan

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Make sure that you apply it to your current account when you purchase it, and not create a whole new one. :)
Haelewulf

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Looks like I won't be making it tonight (unexpected RL goodness), so I recommend hooking up on MSN or posting your character's name here, because I don't think you and Yontan have each other's globals yet.

:)
Haelewulf

Postby Swampland » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Adjanah wrote:Oh damn you all. CoX installed and ready to go. ^^ I'll make me a scrapper or a tank if we already got a healer.
Anyone game for putting our heads together tonight?

:) So much for blissfully MMO less?
Swampland

Postby Yontan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:39 pm

i'm back in sheffield around 6.30pm UKtime. I'll change my msn name to my global. I need to change it first though. Hopefully with change it to @Yontan.
peace out and see ya tonight!
Yontan

Postby Adjanah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Blargh, I've gone and gotten invited out tonight for a party I can't really refuse...gonna have to do without me guys, sorry. :/
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Next

Return to CoX: The Lobby