Dwarf-Runes

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Dwarf-Runes

Postby Felaion » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 pm

(Okay, I've done too much posting recently. Far too much. However, I had to post this... Harain was NOT happy, and has managed to loose his respect to many of the Thorn members. That's everyone who was at the event thing with Beo... except Faradir and Archibold.)

-Translated from Kheldul, the secret language of the Dwarves-

Uncle Dwolmur,

I am writing to inform you of my progress here in the land Men call Bree. Initial arrivals were sucessfu, and unevenfull. These, 'Thorn' were just as you had said, or at least, the first few I met. Haelewulf, Son of Phindor especially stood out as a shining example. I can see why you wished me to come here now. However, I have my conserns. The Captain, Lirandel started off bad and got worse. He is physically capable, but has to be one of the worst leaders I have ever met, and a disgrace to his own people. I've never seen an elf like him. He's more Man than Elf, clearly, and perhaps this is a good thing, as he leads a company of Men. But when it comes to leadership, he suffers the same faults.

I have been on a couple of expeditions with the 'Thorn' now. One to rescue the captured Lieutenant, Sayvara, which was a reasonable sucess. Actions were made as one, for the most part, as the Thorn knew their goal and were defiant upon reaching it. She was rescued, and the creatures that had taken her were put down. I was impressed. However, just yesterday the 'Thorn' arose to a new problem. One of the 'Brothers' had been attacked by an assasin for some reason, and the 'Thorn' deemed it worthy to hunt down the insurgents and bring justice upon them. It was the biggest shambles and disgrace I have ever seen in all my ninety years. I began to question the worth of this Company in my mind. All seem to suffer the same ill traits all men carry. The doom of man is strong indeed here, and I find little relief in the 'Thorn'. Only the elves, Lildarwen and Faradir (excluding the captain) and the hobbit Archibold display the kind of spirit I hoped to see in these... Heros.

Lirandel, the Captain, was wrought with emotion. Somthing deeper aggitated him, and also his 'Wife' Sayvara seemed to be having some problems with him, and he with her. The Lieutenant herself, would react to the Captain as a lover, not a superior, which has it's place, but not here! Many could see, and many more would hear of the failings of the 'Thorn' that were displayed here. If they do not shape up and become what people want to see as 'Heros' then they will fail. Men are weak, but Black Thorns are not one man, for they are many, and incoruptiable! Or that's how it should be. An undivided front. Beoric, the Pirate disgusted me yesterday. I had thought highly of him, and his 'girl' Margo. Today I have respect only for the girl. Beodric handled the situation like a child might handle a sharp axe. Emberyn's respect remains partially intact. She proved herself before to me, and I stand by that, but again, she handled the situation poorly by not fitting in with the other cogs that were the 'Thorn' that night.

I stand by my orders, and await your instructions.

Harain Firebeard

Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are Coming!
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Re: Dwarf-Runes

Postby Lirandel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:14 am

Great Work Mate :wink:

And keep it up, its enjoyus to read it all :)
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:17 pm

Very nice, bro! Wulf's none too pleased about the developments either... :D
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Adjanah » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:55 pm

*a letter returns, written in sinuous and careful Kheldul script*

Dear nephew,

It warms my heart to hear from you. I am glad to hear you've arrived safely and are with the Thorn as instructed. As to your reaction to them...I can't say I am surprised. Yes, they are a rag-tag band of scoundrels, I fathomed as much from my meetings with them. I can understand why your stout and true heart must recoil from sharing a bed with them.

But that, dear nephew, is exactly why it is you that must be with them. It is why I chose you, above such excellent dwarves as Nerkum and Luldir, Firkrul and Kuruk. You, with your steadfast gaze, have to learn from them, as they have to learn from you. I've always said you're as stubborn and grumpy as a cavetroll with piles, my nephew. That is a good thing. The Thorn needs this, and I hope you will impart some of your proud dwarven wisdom on them, especially Lirandel, their leader.

But you in return must take in *their* wisdom. No, they do not adhere to any such strict code that any of us is used to. But there is such a thing as being too rigid, my nephew. "Like the root of a mountain", your stone-guard trainer told me. The mountain is in you...now you must take in the bendiness of the willow as well.

The Thorns are torn, my nephew. But they are good people. I want you with them. And I want you to want to be with them. They need you. And you need them. Were I a younger dwarf, I would have joined them myself, Gondamon be damned. The Thorn stands to do great things. I feel it in my bladder. Trust in me as you have done so far.

I will see you at Sunfair, my nephew. My heart goes with you, even if my fists do not.

- Dwolmur Firebeard
Custodian of Gondamon
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Return to LOTRO: The Library