[Fire and Marble] A moment to themselves

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

[Fire and Marble] A moment to themselves

Postby Sayvara » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:56 am

(( After today's play... after doing Hewing the Wood... in the friendly camp on the northwest shores of Lake Evendim ))

- Everybody is off to make camp... everything is secured... the Company is done for the day

Lirandel seems to take only superficial notice of Sayvara's report.

- Mm hm... that's good lieutenant.

She pulls off her helmet... ruffling out her hair and smiles at him.

- You know what that means, don't you?

- Mm... huh? What?

She steps closer to him... tryign to make eyecontact and smile at him.

- We can spend the night together... find a nice secluded spot, make camp... and just be husband and wife... lovers.

All the time during the captivity, she dreamt and remembered the Thorns... her family. Playful bantering with Kellidir and Candil... making mischief with Adjanah... and of course: the touch of her husband. She thought it as all lost until they appeared again, as if brought back to life by the Valar. This only makes his reaction towards her hit her much harder.

- Mm... we could.

When he turns and just walks she blinks, stunned.

- Well don't overdo your enthusiasm...

The sarcasm is lost on him. He goes to make camp... hardly looking at her... giving an air of being displeased with something. After some hesitation she follows.

- Talk to me lover. What is going on here?

- Nothing...

- Lirandel... I know you. Talk to me, tell me what's wrong.

- Nothing! There is nothing to talk about. Now just drop it.

A sinking feeling forms in her belly... suddenly she feels herself losing her confidence... her strength sapped.

- Fine...

- Fine!

She sits down on the blankets he stretched out near the campfire. When she is done changing out of her armor he is already snuggled onto his blanket, his back towards her and the warmer blanket wrapped high on him.

She lays down on her own blanket... laying there watching him and her eyes silently mist until she can almost not see him. She reaches out, but cannot bring herself to touch him. As she curls up and pulls the top blanket over herself she has nothing for company except the sight of his back. With tears in her eyes she whispers, near inaudible...

- I love you Lirandel...

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Re: [Fire and Marble] A moment to themselves

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:07 am

Seems like captivity is causing problems for a few couples... *grins* Very nice!
Looking forward to seeing these play out. :) And sorry to have missed the questing. *chuckles*
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Beodric » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:14 am

ouch.... :P hope they do well, althoguht a nice writing :)

but you guys better have not done twisted heart as well, becuse if you did i am so going to be depressed :(:(
Beodric

Postby Felaion » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:41 am

Awh dear! What's happened to Mr Grumpy? Oh, he's still grumpy.

...seems Adj isn't the only one suffering.

Well written! *claps*
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:30 am

Well the funny thing with this is I have no idea where Lirandel is going with this. He has been nagging me that we don't do enough "Fire & Marble" roleplay (our long standing nickname - since before LotRO even - for Sayvara's and Lirandel's relationship)... and when I got around to pitting them together yesterday she get's a cold shoulder. I was just as stumped as the character to be honest. :D

Oh well... I play along and see where this leads, even though Sayvara is screaming at me to just let her rape the guy and make him remember who the hell his wife is! :D

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Lirandel » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:56 pm

(After hewing the wood, in the friendly camp on the northwest shores of Lake Evendim ))

- Everybody is off to make camp... everything is secured... the Company is done for the day

Lirandel hears her words, the nagging feeling in his chest beginning once more to itch annoyingly.

- Mm hm... that's good lieutenant.

She pulls off her helmet... ruffling out her hair and smiles at him.

- You know what that means, don't you?

- Mm... huh? What?

She steps closer to him... trying to make eyecontact and smile at him.

He eyes her, she has no clue. Her face as always seeking pleasure.

The emotion he feels is like someone stabbing him in the heart.

Why are you so damn clueless!

- We can spend the night together... find a nice secluded spot, make camp... and just be husband and wife... lovers.

Lovers... Is that all I am good for now, while you run around careless of the dangers around you like a witless worm. Not heeding a blasted word from the other Thorns... OR me...

- Mm... we could.

No...

When he turns and just walks she blinks, stunned.

- Well don't overdo your enthusiasm...

The sarcasm and words hits him squarely in the face.. He goes to make camp, he needs to do something or else he will scream at her in outrage as his back is turned his jaw tightens through clenched teeth...

Focus at the task at hand. Focus!

- Talk to me lover. What is going on here?

- Nothing...

Focus... Just focus...

- Lirandel... I know you. Talk to me, tell me what's wrong.

- Nothing! There is nothing to talk about. Now just drop it.

You never can let anything go can you. Always have to pry... Well NOT this time!

- Fine...

- Fine!

He lies down after he has stretched out the blankets near the campfire. Removes his armor and lies down with his back towards her, He hears her removing her own items and armor. He can feel her eyes on his back. He wraps the blanket higher around him, tries to hide his face from the hollow sensation he feels.

Sleep wont come, he is wide awake, yet still he keeps his eyes closed. Thoughts comes and goes in a blurry mixture as his emotions continually changes.

she whispers, near inaudible... But to him, the words are quite clear.

She is crying...

- I love you Lirandel...

I love you too... My Fire...

The pain is unbearable. And no sleep will come to him tonight...

"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Saerid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Lirandel sure knows how to set the mood right. :mrgreen:

Nicely written both of you, made me smile.
Saerid

Postby Sayvara » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:22 pm

The stinking leather hood over her head is secured tight. No matter how much she tears at it it won't come off. She stumbles to her feet and grabs at the thick metal collar until it starts gnawing into her skin. And all the time captain Terlion is laughing at her...

- Hah... a lot of good that did you, wouldn't you say cadet?

- Shut up!

She tries to scream at him... but her words are near silent, coming out muffled and breathless.

- Everything you learned from me... every bit of defence you put up... every ounce of strength you earned... you threw it all away for him.

The words are coming from all around her... she lashes out with her arms and hands... only weakly grazing against his armor.

- Shut your face! I chose him! I never chose you!

It renders another contemptous laugh from him.

- And what did it get you, hm? A cold shoulder... he won't even give you a hug. Not even when you have been away from him and been with me for two weeks does he ask you how you are... talk to you and see how you are doing... offer a bit of love...

The last word is spat out with contempt. She tries to put her hands against her ears. But his words are coming through like a knife cutting through skin.

- You were better off before... when you had me to keep you vigilant... alert... strong. Look at you now: a bawling little girl dependant on others. Your hate for me is so misplaced... for I(!) made you into what you are... not he... not Lirandel and his little band of mercenaries.

She falls to her knees as his chuckles build... from a smug little snicker they grow stronger until they are like a roaring storm of laughter around her. No matter how hard she presses her hands to her head she cannot escape... she feels as if her head is caught in a vise and about to implode.

She blinks. The stars above Lake Evendim shimmer ever so slightly... she hears the crisp clear sound of little waves splashing against the rocks... feeling the light tickle on her skin from a mosquito's legs as it tries to find a sweet stream of blood to feed from. She turns and looks... his back is still towards her. Without a word she throws off her blanket.

On the slopes up to the hills a curious young bear it tearing up the soil for some grubs. Its ears pick up a splash from the lake, and it turns to look. Soon it sees someone swimming on the surface along the shore with deep powerful strokes, making quite a wake before turning and swimming back on the opposite direction. The odd creature does this over and over, with ever increasing speed... but by then the youngling finally feels the midnight snack wiggling against its paw and digs in... forgetting about the sight on the lake.

She comes back to the camp after about an hour... the drops of cold lake water glistening and reflecting light of the moon and the stars on her dark, toned frame. She takes the blanket and wraps it around herself... sitting to watch the fire... putting more wood on it to fuel it. The furious swim has calmed her emotions... the soft ache of her limbs after the excertion gives her back a sense of control... the images from the nightmare fades away. Quietly she watches him and remembers why she loves him.

As she lays herself down next to Lirandel again she doesn't hesitate. Firmly and tenderly she wraps an arm around his chest... snuggling in tight behind him. Quietly she speaks... as much to him as to herself.

- I am not letting go. I chose you... I chose you... I love you

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Wow! Lovely!

MORE!
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Thank you all! I'm glad our little attempts at relationship drama are appreciated. :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:11 pm

*grins* Very muchly so, Sayv! Very nicely done, both of you! :D

And the plot thickens... ;)
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Return to LOTRO: The Library