Final Words

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Final Words

Postby Felaion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 am

Sitting neatly on the pillow of Felaion’s bed in the Comb and Wattle Inn, is a piece of folded parchment. Resting atop the yellowed animal-skin is a small, silvery object. It’s one of the insignia of the Thorn. On the parchment exterior, it is blank, save for one clear word: Adjanah. As the parchment is opened out, the symbols and letters of the common tongue can be read clearly. The writing is neat, written with clean, good ink, and there are no blotches or imperfections on the paper itself. The message, reads like this,

To the woman I love,

I am gone. Do not expect me to return, for I shall not. Do not wait, although I have no doubt that you will not anyway. Now, knowing you, for figuring out your little plot, you'll already be on the war-path. You'r so predictable, just like your father.

This letter is to serve three purposes, firstly, to remind myself why I am doing this. When I first came to the Thorn, I was looking for a new life. A better life. A fresh start. I wanted to forget the errors of my past, and try to live a good and righteous life. You should know I made a great sacrifice to join the Thorn. A sacrifice none of you know of, not even your father, who thinks he knows everything there is to know about me. Bloody know-it-all. It did not take me long to realise, that life with the Thorn was no better than my previous life. I am not a coward. I have never been a coward. Cowardice killed my father, and so I shall never be cowardly again. But still you drove me into battle. Death was my past life. I wanted never to see it again. But the Thorn didn’t care. If I refused, I was instead bullied into battle. I tell you truly, I am more afraid of the whips behind the lines than the battle itself. I already told you what your father said to me. That he threatened to kill me if ever I betray the Thorn. You aught to know, that to desert in battle to a Gondorian, counts at a betrayal. He knew that. He knew I knew.

My second purpose for this letter. Hopefully you'll learn somthing. I know by now, you must be mad. Ready to rip out the heart of anything that crosses your path, well just so you know, that is why I can't say this to you in person. It is also one of many reasons why I am leaving. Just so you know I was mad, just good at pretending. As good as you were at pretending to love me. I know about that too. Your father wanted me for my skills, so he persuades you to pretend to love me. Do you think I’m stupid? I know all the rules of the con. First one: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Well just so you know, it was too good to be true.

My final purpose for this letter. My final words and I hope you have not destroyed this letter before you can read them, are of dire warning. Whatever happens, I still love you. I know what is coming against you. Do not go with the others to save Sayvara. He will be waiting for you. It is not safe.

Beware the Day of Two Trees.

Felaion.
Last edited by Felaion on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Re: Final Words

Postby Felaion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 am

((
A note for elves, or those raised by, most specifically Adj, who will be reading this.

The 'Day of Two Trees', is the Elven term for 'Tuesday'
))
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Adjanah » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:33 am

Not even the sound of her knees, hitting the floor heavily, got through to her mind when she finished reading the letter. The letter, crumpled up in her hand, fell to the ground and bounced a few times before she herself toppled over forwards, hit the floor awkwardly and let out a piercing, agonized scream. Long had the years been since she had screamed like that. She clawed at the raw wooden planks, tearing up splinters and bloodying her fingers, and then she screamed again. And again.

Then the tears came.

They didn't stop.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:01 am

((Damn... did *not* see that coming. Nice! Well, horrible... but you know what I mean. :D ))
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:01 am

8) Sweet Chin Music 8)
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:04 pm

Slightly edited run-down of friday morning MSN-rp between Sayv and Adj, taking place just as Adj screams after reading the letter. It's long, but might be fun for others of you to read...

Sayvara says:
What the... *throws her cup of wine aside and runs up the stairs of the Combe and Wattle... she had remained downstairs to give sis and Felaion a bit of one-on-one time... but her beloved sister's scream is simple not something to ignore... bursting into the room with her blade drawn*
Adjanah says:
*Adjanah is lying on the floor on her front, her butt poking up like she's just fallen over from her knees. Her fingers are more or less sunk into the floorboards, bloodspatters running up them. As Sayv enters she is just in the process of drawing a new breath, and then screams again...not a scream like anything Sayv's heard from her before...but bloodcurdling, chilling, the sound of utter despair*
Sayvara says:
*is stunned... not sure what to do. Scanning teh room quickly seeing no immediate threat... nothing out of the ordinar... except a screaming Adjanah... hearing people starting to stir in the Inn... figuring it best to quickly sheathe the sword.*
Sayvara says:
*kneels next to Adjanah... trying to put an arm around her... trying to make contact* Adjanah... sis? Sis!? *shakes her slightly*
Adjanah says:
*just Adjanah and her stuff...and a crumpled piece of paper on the floor*
Adjanah says:
*is completely out of it...hysterical...tears spurt from her eyes and great shudders wrack through her between breaths...and then she screams again, clawing into the floor, splinters shredding the tips of her fingers*
Sayvara says:
Sis!! *gives her a slight slap over the cheek* Snap out of it! What's going on?!
Sayvara says:
*looks over her shoulder at the door... seeing people gathering... she snarls at them* If yer gonan stand there you had better start paying fucking admission... SCRAM!! Everything is just *fine* here!
Adjanah says:
*flips over on her back, arching her back for a new scream, the howl replaced by "HE'S GOOOOOOONE!!!!" this time though. She kicks at the floor, hammering her feet against it, thrashing like a little child*
Sayvara says:
Huh? Who's g... *sees the note... grabbing it... unfolding to read through it quickly... her face in the paper as she gives the door a swift kick, slamming it shut... at least one "OOOWWW! My nose!!" is heard from the outside*
Adjanah says:
*curls up in a ball and starts just sobbing piercingly, occasionally half-howling something incoherent*
Sayvara says:
*mostly to herself* Hmm... so farmboy packed up and left.. *glances at Adjanah, still talking mostly to herself, quietly* You do take breakups seriously sis... *folds up the note and puts it in her jacket... crouching and picking Adjanah up gently... hushing at her... laying her gently on the bed*
Adjanah says:
*relaxes marginally as Sayv picks her up, curling up as tightly as she can on the bed, hiding her face and keeps on sobbing*
Sayvara says:
Sis... Adjanah... sssshhh sweetheart... I know you're upset but darling, ya hafta calm down... they must be thinkin' I'm killing you in her. Sweetie... sweet sister...
Sayvara says:
Here... let me see... *reaches for Adjanah's hands*
Adjanah says:
*she really went to work on those floorboards...the tips of her fingers are nearly shredded to mush, great splinters sticking out beneath her nails*
Sayvara says:
*makes a face* Ouchie... you broke several nails... and there's splinters everywhere. *starts picking out the most obvious ones*
Adjanah says:
*moans in pain as Sayv starts working on her hands, but otherwise offers no struggle*
Sayvara says:
Hold on... *marches over to the door... pulling it open... making a woman who was pressing her ear to the door almost fall into her* You there... where's Liz? Ah... there you are darling. Can ya give me a basin of hot water, a pair of tweezers and the strongest firewater you have.... och and some linnen you don't mind getting bloodied... preferably clean.
Sayvara says:
och = oh...
Sayvara says:
And the rest of you... *clear out*! It's heartbreak... if you scavangers are so freckin' interrested to revel in someone's pain! *scowls and makes a face that sends a clear signal exactly what she thinks of the evesdroppers*
Sayvara says:
*returns and gently picks out a few more splinters... hushing softly... trying to comfort... barking a quick and short "Enter!" when Liz knocks on the door... bringing the requesed things. The sympathetic look on her face earns her a few extra silvers and a nod with a slight smile from Sayvara*
Adjanah says:
H...he...he f'ckn...*chokes* ...he did it again...
Adjanah says:
*shudders, a new wave of bawling washing over her, seeming nearly oblivious of her hands*
Sayvara says:
Oi... *chases after the hands... gravving them again before she pushes the wood further in* Yeah... he did, didn't he. *dips the fingers gently in teh warm water... long thin whisks of red forms... washing Adjana's fingers off carefully before taking the tweezers to start trying to pick out the last bits... sighing* Maybe I misjudged him after all...
Sayvara says:
*grabbing
Adjanah says:
I'll...how can he...I thought...
Sayvara says:
Ssshhh.... easy sis... *puts a hand on her cheek* Let me just get these for ya. *continues to pick out the wood* Your poor fingers...
Sayvara says:
You were just too good for him... he couldn't handle ya. All that goodness wrapped up in one sweet package... was too much for him I think.
Adjanah says:
*silently* I messed it up...iz me fault...I...
Adjanah says:
*groans* Sonuvabitch...
Sayvara says:
Hogwash sis. Now you listen to me, hm? Look at me... *looks at her with a serious and stead gaze* It is *not* your fault. *He* packed up and left... *he* chickend ut on the sweetest gal I know... it is *his* own damned fault.
Adjanah says:
He lied ta me...*chokes*...he feckin' lied ta me...WHY did he come back at all?!
Adjanah says:
Justa feckin' do THIS?!
Adjanah says:
Ta gloat?
Adjanah says:
I knew somfing was up...I was jus'...din't wanna bring it up...he was so sweet...jus' needed him ta hug me...
Adjanah says:
But he lied...was all lies...
Sayvara says:
*boils quietly inside... picturing all sorts of horrible things to do to him... reamining (relatively) calm on the surface... getting the last of the splinters out* Mm... he did... was *his* fault. Now this is going to sting a bit... *puts linnen under her hands and pours firewater over the bleeding fingertips*
Adjanah says:
*cries out and whimpers, the pain finally getting through to her*
Sayvara says:
Sorry sis... just gonna wash them off and put some soft dressing on... you *really* tore yerself up on them. *takes one of the linnen sheets and quickly rips into long shreds and wraps up the most hurt fingertips*
Adjanah says:
I loved him, Sayv...I did so bad by him...but I still feckin' loved him...ne'er wanted this...ya gotta believe me. *sniffles, scrunching up her eyes*
Adjanah says:
Was me did this ta him...was me sent him away...
Sayvara says:
Hey... of course I believe ya sis... *smiles at the corner of her mouth* Heck... you're ready to rip *my* eyes out every now and then and I still believe you kind of like me.
Adjanah says:
*whispers* Jus' wanted him ta...ta...ta feckin' be tha man I saw him as...
Adjanah says:
Couldn't bear see him run...jus' snapped...
Adjanah says:
Stupid...so stupid...
Sayvara says:
Well what happened? You have to fill me in... been kind of... out of the loop, ya know.
Sayvara says:
*ponders... blinks* Gosh... I don't even know what day it is.
Sayvara says:
How... how long has I been gone?!
Adjanah says:
*sniffs* Too damn long, Sayv...too damn long.
Adjanah says:
Ya've been gone more'n two feckin' weeks.
Adjanah says:
Was at Kelli's house I broke him...sonuvabitch...I nearly killed him when he asked me ta choose...*sniffles more*...he asked me ta feckin' CHOOSE, Sayv!! *hammers one hand into the sheets*
Adjanah says:
Everyfing from then was justa big lie. Him havin' fun. Sonuvabitch. Shoulda feckin' killed him. Shoulda feckin' cut his scrawny throat...shoulda... *is cut off by blubbering again, tears starting to roll from her eyes once more*
Sayvara says:
*Let's Adjanah vent... listening and nodding while she finishes the bandages on a few fingers... taking her dagger to trim the broken nails... finally setting the hands genly on folded linnen cloths* There... try no to move them too much until it has clotted... you'll look like a warrior on a battlefield in the face if ya touch yerself.
Adjanah says:
Why'd he feckin' hafta lie ta me...why couldn't he jus' feckin' stay away iffen he hated me...us so much?
Adjanah says:
Sonuvabitch...!
Sayvara says:
*takes out the paper and reads it again... sighing* I don't know... I really don't know.
Sayvara says:
*looks it over* He's got good handwriting for a "farmboy"...
Adjanah says:
*sniffles, looking at Sayv oddly for a moment, like something has just dawned on her* Lemme see tha' letter...
Sayvara says:
*holds on to it* Hmmm... *damned* good handwriting in fact! Not even I write *this* neat. *turns it over*
Sayvara says:
Not a single ink-spot... not one smudge...
Sayvara says:
Hey sis... *finally hands it over* ...do you know anyone - cept Lirandel and Faradir - that writes this good?!
Adjanah says:
...Tha' feckin'...! How long's he been feckin' doin' this...? I *seen* his writin' 'fore! Ain't ne'er been tha' neat!
Sayvara says:
*frowns* He didn't go see a *scribe* for this... did he?!
Adjanah says:
*grabs the letter, looking it over with a growl, wincing as her fingers press against it*
Adjanah says:
Is his writin', awrigh'...but he done feckin' faked tha ugly letters ta me...he been lyin' fromma feckin' start...! *is slowly growing dark in the face, her eyes flaring up*
Sayvara says:
Look... is there something about him we should know?
Adjanah says:
I thought it was cute...but it was jus' *ANOTHER* *GODDAMN* *LIE*!!!! *spits out the word, shouting the last one and throws the letter away*
Adjanah says:
*words
Sayvara says:
*still forwning... pondering... taking the letter and folding it up... keeping it... but keeping quiet about her intentions to take this to the elves to look it over*
Adjanah says:
Who is tha' he's referrin' ta? An' why in feck should I be afraida tuesdays?
Adjanah says:
I saw someone yesterday...inna hills...lookin' attus...
Sayvara says:
Well it seems he's meaning Terlion... but...
Adjanah says:
Someone inna hood...
Sayvara says:
*scritches her head* This doesn't make sense... did you meet him *before* you came for me?
Adjanah says:
Yesyesyes...he came back a week or so ago...acted like nuffin' was wrong, like he'd been searchin' fer clues ta find ya, acted like he'd feckin' fergiven me...sonuvafeckinbitch...
Sayvara says:
Ok... well that explains how he knew about our dearly *Departed* mister Terlion. But tuesdays?!
Adjanah says:
Lyin', schemin', maggotridden, sonuva flea-bitten, boil-oozin' whoreskank...! *growls*
Sayvara says:
Whoa... easy on the acid sis... you're gonne fry my ears out. *can't help but chucking*
Adjanah says:
*continues ranting until it boils down to a deep, menacing snarl, her teeth bared*
Sayvara says:
*raises an eyebrow... actually being slightly amused by the Lirandellian stream of curses* Wow... you may not be related by blood... but you sure as hell are Lirandel's daughter.
Adjanah says:
I ain't. Feckin'. Kiddin', Sayv. Gonna feckin' hang him up from his intestines an' flay tha feckin' meat offa his bones...!
Adjanah says:
He feckin' tried ta turn me on me family...
Sayvara says:
*smiles and takes Adjanah's hand... the part not shredded by splinters* You came for me... *smiles warmly*
Adjanah says:
*looks at Sayv, her eyes relaxing slightly, but not losing their intensity* O' course I feckin' did...we all did...'cept tha' piece-a-shit lyin' sonuvabitch...

And...fadeout...muahaha... ;)
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:23 pm

((My Word! You sure as hell know how to make a guy feel bad!
Of cource, what he's done is inexcusable. But thanks for carrying on the train of thought! If you want to go through and take it to "the elves" as you noted Sayv, they aught to note that the writing is:
-Too neat for a farmer.
-NOT in Gondorian style, but the style of Bree-Land.
-If compared with some of Felaion's earlier work, it doesn't even come close to matching.
-The parchment bears no scribes' mark, as it does in some of Felaion's neater work.
-The writing does not match Felaion's usual scribe, for important documents.
...I was wondering howlong it'd be before someone picked up on that :P))
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Adjanah » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:47 pm

Oh believe me, this isn't ending here, Fela-me-boy...far from it. Only so many places to hide in Middleearth...:twisted:
Would like an OOC-talk with you though about where you're going with this...whether you're giving up on Fela and want a new character, or if this is a new big plot, or just what in hell is going on.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Ah yes of cource. We'll have a chat when we're both next online...

...and believe me, I'm not giving up on Fela yet. Far from it. *laughs evily* :twisted:

Part of the plot, isn't that right Lira?
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:01 pm

Felaion wrote:((My Word! You sure as hell know how to make a guy feel bad!

Hell hath no fury Felaion... :twisted:
Felaion wrote:Of cource, what he's done is inexcusable. But thanks for carrying on the train of thought! If you want to go through and take it to "the elves" as you noted Sayv, they aught to note that the writing is:
-Too neat for a farmer.
-NOT in Gondorian style, but the style of Bree-Land.
-If compared with some of Felaion's earlier work, it doesn't even come close to matching.
-The parchment bears no scribes' mark, as it does in some of Felaion's neater work.
-The writing does not match Felaion's usual scribe, for important documents.
...I was wondering howlong it'd be before someone picked up on that :P))

Ah, RP hooks and I got one! Me like! Lirandel and Faradir will be taking a look at this fairly soon. :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Adjanah » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:08 pm

*is rather certain shadowy figure on hill was Fela, to be honest. But time will tell. ^^*
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:25 pm

Time will indeed tell.
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:28 pm

*chuckles* Of course Fela... Of course :wink:
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Wow, those two are just SO mysterious, aren't they? :P *slaps both with a trout*
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Adjanah wrote:Wow, those two are just SO mysterious, aren't they? :P *slaps both with a trout*

Oooh, it's trout-slappin' day today?! *grabs her own trout by the tail and winds up for a great whackin'* :D

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Next

Return to LOTRO: The Library