Mornereg's Journal

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Mornereg's Journal

Postby Lirandel » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:16 pm

So many things have happened and still I have no time to grieve. Sayvara... My Fire... Is still missing. Taken prisoner by a mad man that knows no limits to his own petty passions. Tarlion the Coward!. Mark my words! The day will come when his head will praise the west gates of Bree. As a warning to all the enemies of the Thorn. That we will not walk lightly into the night... And then... And then... *A Big splotch of ink can be seen as if he has been hesitating, while deep in thought then the writing continues *

Tharynien, my former oath brother's daughter... Dead... She did not deserve such a fate. Of all the Thorn, she was the most innocent and mild. I miss her... We all do... She has left a hole and thereby a terrible pain in our hearts. Some of the Thorn deal with this in a more reckless manner. Others like Candil and Kellidir grieve in silence, when others are not watching. It is visible in their eyes, a reflection of their loss... A reflection of sorrow... Still... I, myself, cannot find the tears. There is no time for that now... it will have to wait.

And therein lies the truth. We have lost the battle - but not the war... We must begin preparations eventhough the grief clings to us all.

*New writing can be seen scribbled in an impatient manner*

Confound it all! Of all the things that could have waited... My mother has deemed it prudent to leave Rivendell, her last journey to the Grey Havens and beyond. But by the Valar could it not have waited for a month or another year? Doesnt she understand we have a war to fight... Doesnt she understand the danger envolved in making such a trip? I will have to postbone our efforts and ensure her safe journey. Eventhough I know Alcarion will not like this...
Have he ever understood my motivations..? Bah! What does it matter... He is not a Thorn... He is like the rest of them... Like Elrond... A useless bastard in a self proclaimed seat of power... Gil-Galad would have understood. Yes... My King would have understood...
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Return to LOTRO: The Library