The Ever so Secret Diary of Candil

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

The Ever so Secret Diary of Candil

Postby Candil » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 pm

((a small book, with gold leaf edges and a silk pagemark, that never leaves the safety of Candil's pocket except to be added to. It's pages are pristine and lineless, and the first page taken up with a wobbly alphabet, the last pages being filled with more words, many mispelled, as time passes. The second page was filled with large, bold, carefully formed words, each line with a slight diagonal slant the further down the page she reaches))

Dear Diary, I am not going to talk to you as I think most people talk to your kind as I feel I am fully in control of my sanity. I will also stop myself from telling you the secrets of my heart as I do not trust you yet. What I write will not leave these pages or you will join your papery friends in the furnace. Enough *half a line left blank*, I'm going to start writing stuff now... remember what I said.

A very big thing happened to me yesterday, not just big big, super big. I got my bad news which I'm not telling you, you nosey damn book and I went off in a sulk, ranted at Kelli a bit, poor biddy isn't really to blame. We went back to the room at the Pony, and everyone was playing cards. I think Fel was playing, and he's such an idiot, I am sure now he won that hand, I'll work out someday why he folded.

The fire was pretty. I went and sat in front of it and warmed myself, and I got really bored but I'd chosen this spot to sit and I was damn well going to sit in it. Good for me I did, since then Thary came in and began to read and things started to be good. I read over her shoulder, a sweet diary about a husband and father, and it made me decide what to use this book as. She left before I finished that page, but clearly she was coming back, she left her book, and it looked so old and precious.

I was thinking where she had gone and she came back, but she didn't look too happy, so I had to ask why. She's so shy! Doesn't like crowds at all I think, but she seemed to be ok with me which was nice. She didn't even treat me like an idiot for my reading, she waited while I finished each page. I can see why she loves to read, I felt, when I was reading, I was right with the man, even if he was stuttering and pausing and forgetting to say the big words.

Before I knew it we'd read more than I've read with Kelli, but then I heard this voice behind us, greeting us. Thary looked scared, I was angry and snapped and things went bad. He came back minutes later and held a sword to her neck. I couldn't leave her after she read with me, but I didn't know what to do so I just followed. The mace is at other door from the one he leads us to, but thats no use, I use it for bashing mindless beasts, and occasionally to keep the scrolls open. I have my knife though, and I tricked Kelli that once and it gave me hope. I don't call me the Hero of Archet for nothing.

I saved her, if i hadn't been lying sprawled on the ground I doubt Wulfy would have noticed. He finished the guy off, I got to try my healing skills, and they worked! I'm really quite good at this stuff, this morning it was all but healed. I guided her to Wulfie's hut, not bad for only being given a route to follow and there Kelli did some sort of magic with a candle which made Thary not so wacky.

Elves don't sleep, that's just odd, but she did sit on the bed and it was comforting. I think she got back to normal quicker than me.
Candil
Pillowy soft

Return to LOTRO: The Library