Child of Dread (night of 25.6.07)

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Postby Lirandel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:31 pm

((In the Beta, while i studied the pvp side. I almost never lost to a champion... But I see your point. Thought it was a decent emote battle and not real sparring/pvp... Oh well... If he is God emoting I learned a tactic which almost never fails... *chuckles* might actually be fun :) ))
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Haelewulf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 pm

((Nah, no emote battles with him. The sparring was kinda amusing, as he had obviously checked out my traits and noticed I didn't have Uppercut slotted... which was why he pushed for unarmed sparring. Didn't do him any good... but anyway, yeah, your call, boss! :) ))
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:11 pm

((In any case Wulf you taught him a lesson :P *salutes*))
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Archibold » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:18 pm

(( Emote battling ? Oh god tell me i am dreaming :o . You can actually duel using emotes ? What are the rules ? Who writes faster ? Or perhaps it is like insult swordfighting in Monkey Island :D - But beside this point , who and what is this Rohiras? What kinship does he belong to ? Why did he attack Candil? Was this RP or plain player abuse? If this is RP was it a part of some storyline or just a whim of the moment? Why are we so after his skin? And why is it such imperative that Lira (or somebody else) defeat him ? And finally if he was defeated will he be a good sport and play along in RP? (aka accept he was defeated in RP - cause i seen this be a problem often) ))
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Lirandel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 pm

((You can actually duel using emotes ?

Aye you can, if you are likeminded about it.

What are the rules?

The rules are simple one participant does something and tells a story, the other one reacts... The word "Tries" and NOT "does" are relevant here... It is a fixed fight to evolve a storyline. Much like wrestling...

Who writes faster?

Sometimes that happens yes. but the outcome is the same...

who and what is this Rohiras?

And Rper that took an initiative for rping with Tharyn, Candil, Kelli and Haelewulf

What kinship does he belong to?

I dont actually know?!

Why did he attack Candil?

Candil tried to fight back I guess...

Was this RP or plain player abuse?

Hm interesting question. That is up to Candil, Tharyn, Kelli and Wulf to decide. They were there...

If this is RP was it a part of some storyline or just a whim of the moment?

Definently not planned as I see it.

Why are we so after his skin?

Because in IC no one touches a Thorn without definite payback!

And why is it such imperative that Lira (or somebody else) defeat him?

Because the character Lira is all about vengeance it is his flaw in some respects. Because IC he hurt Candil and Tharyn. and he has hurt other citisens in Bree and the surrounding area.

And finally if he was defeated will he be a good sport and play along in RP?

That remains to be seen. But when I see him online I will ask him if he is up for some fun, within some guidelines...))
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Haelewulf » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:19 pm

*grins and returns the salute* Most kind, sah!

((Although he got off lightly with it being Wulf and not Lirandel :-D ))

And Archie... he did accept defeat... but I whupped him through the sparring. And true to form, he basically started following the girls again within minutes. But they lost him, fortunately. So no long term memory for this guy, I think. :-D
Haelewulf

Postby Archibold » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:23 pm

(( Well , as i said before - part joking part true. I would like to se the show down. Having some action roleplay is exciting for me. Again , although you explained it nicely - emoted fight - with no set rules ? I personally would not ever let you (or anyone else) win , if i didnt want to. So it is questionable. And ingame mechanic fight , will be surely super exciting for all of us. But there is chance of loosing. Which is fine by me. But Lira character is (as far as i see him) virtualy unbeatable. Well , let see how it develops ))
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Candil » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:24 pm

((My own lil contribution to the epic tale of woe and despair! sorry for the delay writing it but i can blame Wulfy surely.
OOC: Candil to anyone who will listen in the Combe Inn, who doesn't know the events of the evening))

Well there I was, sitting in the back room of the Pony, a beer in hand and a charming lady to share a drink and a book with and suddenly this man came in. Now the poor lass I was with didn't seem overly delighted with this, he was standing right over us y'see, so I felt something had to be done. Noble I know, but it's difficult not to be protective. Anyway! That's besides the point. So he speaks to us and he says in this cold, gravelly voice ''Are you enjoying yourself'' and I simply look at him, and he flinches, so I keep staring and ask him in that same cold voice he used himself, that startled him I tell you "Why would the likes of you want to know?" and he turns tail and flees!

Now, I'm not one to sing my praises but I tell you, I had the suspicion we hadn't seen the last of him. It was easy to work out based on the fact we were obviously the prettiest ladies in the Pony and no one's likely to give up their illicit dealings so quickly by that mere fact alone. So I look to Tharynien, that's the ladies name you see, and I comfort her and we return to reading, but I knew he was coming back, my hair was standing on end, in a nice way though. I knew it, and there he comes again, and that's where I make my gross oversight.

Being of chivalrous and royal blood... no, really. Look, do you want me to finish this story or not? You know what's also good for a laugh is a drink in your lap and a bloody nose! Yes, shut up and listen and maybe someone will buy us a round based on the quality of my company. So yes, my great oversight was my unwillingness to carry my great big clobbering thingie... yep, mace, in polite company. This one was an exception to polite company though, and when my intuition drove me to look round he had a knife to poor Thary's neck! Now, he claimed he only wanted her, and I've no doubt he speaks the truth, I may be beautiful but she's an elf-maiden and all that, so I tagged along, feigning confusion, just like Thary.

So he leads us through the Pony, his sword back in his sheath, but I know my knife will do no good since he's closer to Thary and could harm her before I get there. We're before long on the streets of Bree, plans and tricks running through my head a mile a minute, but I'm not one to risk anothers life when it may not be necessary. So I try reasoning with him, Thary herself behaving timid. Without warning he warns us... who is telling the story here? Now shut up and leave me be. So with warning he warns us to go into a back alley, and I know my time has to be now to act, or Thary's life may be forfeit. To make it even more dispicable, he punches Thary! So I draw my knife, a piddly thing against his two handed sword, but in situations like that you've got to use what you're given.

The coward is on the highest step, Thary caught in a dangerous spot between us, and unwilling to draw one of her many weapons in case I get distracted. I'm a few steps lower and unwilling to fight with her between us, and the gutless maggot seizes on my dilemma and kicks me, right in the chest, bootmark right on my top, and a bruise like you wouldn't believe... Ask that again and you'll be missing that rats tail you call a whatchamacallit. So there I am, winded and gasping while he flees with his sword brandished at her! I couldn't let him hurt her so I fought my way to my feet and chased after.

Now I don't care if you believe this or not, I find it difficult to understand myself. I swear it has something to do with the royal blood that runs in my veins but as I ran up the stairs two dear friends arrived to support me. With such avid loyalty I couldn't take the glory for myself. I had more important things to deal with besides, I had to take care of Thary's injuries, a swelling eye and a horrendous cut on her cheek. Now my knowledge of healing may not be as good as that of the elves, but it did the trick. Sir Haelewulf dragged the coward down the alley and dealt with him. I don't care if you're disappointed with the end, he may have been a monster I should have dealt with myself, but I had more important things to do.
Candil
Pillowy soft

Postby Lirandel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:09 pm

(Very nice Candil :P - Arch :) yes Lira is unbeatable. But that is only for now. Right now the story evolves around training and maturing the Thorn into a unit of peers. There will come a time where these things change. Otherwise it would be boooring... And we can't have that! It is all about the bloody drama heheh :lol: ))
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Tharynien » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:05 pm

OOC:

Marvellous Candil! I knew she was of royal -cough- blood ^^

/huggles

I enjoyed it very much :) Easy, catching to read with fun to it ;)
ex LOTRO: Tharynien
SWG: Hannah Moonwood, Numa'
AoC: Rashi, Oshnei
SWTOR: Muun (smuggler, scoundrel/healer)
Saraja (Jedi, sentinel)
Tharynien

Postby Lildarwen » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

*raises an eyebrow while she listens Candil's story - then she stands up and vanishes with some words in Sindarin*

((OOC: marvelous writing, Candil *huggles*))
Lildarwen

Postby Haelewulf » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:07 pm

((See?! :-D Awesome stuff! ))
Haelewulf

Postby kellidir » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:34 pm

(( some fantastic writing there. I love it :D ))
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Previous

Return to LOTRO: The Library