The Joker and the Black Lady

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

The Joker and the Black Lady

Postby Felaion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:27 pm

As Felaion stepped out of the shade offered by the roofing of the Last Homely House, and into the blazing sunlight that wafts over Rivendell like a river of warm, soothing water, Felaion smiled. A simple lift in the corner of his mouth, a brightness lighting up his face. For the third time in seven years, Felaion could say he was happy.

Elrond the Half-elven had met briefly with the farmer from Gondor, but even a few short moments with the Lord of Rivendell had purged many of Felaion's troubles. He was still a coward and he still had crimes to atone for, but most importantly the Shadow of Evil that had dwelt inside him, ever since that day his father died, was gone. The power of the Elves, and Elrond Half-elven had driven the posion from him. The power that had manipulated his fears and his sins for seven long years, had ravaged his heart and his mind forcing Felaion to push away from him the only people who could help him, was ended. New truths had come to light, Felaion's eyes were opened, and he could see that he needed not to cling to his sins, his fears. But that he had things, people, to hold to, to be with, to stand beside.

The Vault of Stars had taught him that although he may have lost one family, he had found another. He had lost his friends, to find others. If your heart dwells in the Shadow of the Past, then the Shadow of the Past has a hold over you. Felaion had come to realise, that by hiding from death, running from his fears, he had disgraced his father's death. If cowardice had caused the end of his father, then he must do somthing to stop it happening again, by standing against his cowardice. Coward is what he was, but that does not mean he cannot try to change. To train and do good, to become what his father always wanted to see in him. Defiance of the Shadow that had controlled him. To stand, not alone, but with all the free peoples. With his brothers and sisters of the Thorn. United.

"I hear you are an adept with cards, Son of Gondor."
"So they say, Master Elrond"
"Tell me then, would you fold after drawing The Joker and the Black Lady? Alone, symbolising the weakest and most unlucky cards in the deck, but together could win you the entire game?"
"No, I suppose not."
"Then why fold now, Felaion of Gondor? You have the Thorn beside you, and your fathers belief in you. Do not fear what is past Felaion. Your father would never wish for you to prove many of my kin, and my belief also, that men are as weak as we believe."
"I understand, 'Star-dome'. In Gondor I WILL draw the line of Kings, the King of Spades. For the Thorn, they are the Ace also."
"And will you fold?"
"Never again. *with a sly grin* For I have the Ace of Hearts up my sleeve."
- Elrond Half-elven and Felaion of Gondor in the Last Homely House, 12th June 3018

"To death and destruction, for glory and honour, for Gondor!" - Curubor of Gondor, Felaion's father. 15th November 3011
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:48 pm

*chuckles* Nicely done!
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:17 pm

Yes. Great work Fela :P
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel