What are your sins?

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

What are your sins?

Postby Sayvara » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:05 pm

As always, it is not the skills and abilities that make a character... but rather their weaknesses. We had a pretty fun conversation in kinship chat yesterday evening based on the following question:

Which two sins do you feel represents your character best?

Sayvara first out: Wrath / Lust

She has a terrible temper, as has already been witnessed the night the Prancing Pony became a battlefield. Also Archibold, Kelli and Felaion got a nasty taste of it when she just wouldn't stop killing orcs.

She is also a flirt... the Company hasn't seen half of it. Not that she messes around... but she likes to play and this is also hinted in her backstory.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:56 pm

I was thinking about starting this thread myself last night, but you've done it better than I would have, Sayv, so thanks, and nice job! :D

'Wulf would have to be: Pride / Wrath.

Haelewulf is very confident in his abilities, over-confident, in fact, a trait which his trainers are attempting to beat out of him, and which contributed to his confrontation with Lirandel over Felaion. He also has severe problems with authority, believing that few know better than him, another factor in that meeting.
In combat, he frequently slips into a near-alternate persona, becoming driven by a cold fury that manifests in ruthless and occasionally psychopathic combat techniques. His trademark move is symptomatic of this; he drives his mailed fist into the face of his opponent, a swift and effective but brutally vicious attack.
This fury is possibly an echo of his past... but for now, that remains shrouded in mystery.

- H
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:47 pm

Well hm... Only two sins? Damn! Hmm...

I would go for mentally challenged and childlike haha! Nah!

It would have to be vengeful/lost Piety.

Lirandel believes in the Valar and all that is spiritual in the world. But he also knows that the history of the world evolves around loss and destruction. For that reason he has turned vengeful. There has been many indications of this during our RP together. But Alas there are many many more flaws to him... Just two sins Sayvara thats cheap... PAH! I say! Pah! :lol:
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Felaion » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Now now Lirandel... if there's anybody who's going to be complaing about only being allowed to put down two sins, it's me!

As you all know, Felaion is full of vices. However, if he had two sins that ruled over the others, they would have to be:

(As there seems to be a theme of the Seven Deadly Sins going on, I'll only use from them. You could go on for weeks arguing about how cowardice may or may not be a sin etc etc)

Felaion's Sins: Luxuria (Lust) / Invidia (Envy)

I have used the latin words for the sins for a reason. Namely that in this form the have a much larger scope. (It's explained later, just read on)

Everybody knows what a coward Felaion can be, and no more than himself. It caused the death of his father, and has been the reason he dislikes getting 'attached' to either the Thorn or any one person. His 'Lust for Life' or desperate clinging to life has causes this vice to fester inside him. The question about it's origin, is however unclear. Whether Felaion was always like this, or if Luxuria was just a little parting gift of his brush with Evil. Besides this, Felaion does experience Lust in the convential sense, though he's gotten used to hiding it.

'Envy is an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another’s superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it." At the core of envy seems to be an upward social comparison that threatens a person's self-esteem.' sums up the truth behind Felaions lack of self-esteem, as a result of an Envy towards his elders and betters. He may not show it, as he hates allowing anybody close to him, as explained by Luxuria.

(I know I've just revealed some of the REAL innerward workings of Felaion, but I thought it about time the Thorn begin to really see him ;) )
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Archibold » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Just two sins ? How about four?

Pride/gluttony/greed/troublemaking

Pride - He is a braggart
Gluttony - He is always hungry and thirsty (for the best stuff in the house)
Greed - He will risk his life for that shiny gem embedded in statue eye
Troublemaking - Simply , hang out with hobbit and you are prone to find yourself in trouble , fast (he has no sense of self preservation , or safety of his companions. This comes from the fact that hobbits are generally adept in escaping death. And he is not aware other races are not as good in it)
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Return to LOTRO: The Library