[RP] Second In Command

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

[RP] Second In Command

Postby Sayvara » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 am

Quick summary for those not present: Sayvara, Felaion, Kellidir and Archibold went to kill the orc Defiler in the North Downs yesterday. As they did so, Sayvara worked up a fervour and just wouldn't come off it, which resulted in her pulling the group deeper and deeper into the orc territory despite the increasing protests of the others. When they reached a set of large seige-towers she finally stopped and ordered the towers burned.

Felaion had however by that time had enough and knocked her out by pressing some kind of drug-soaked rag to her face. With Sayvara left unconscious and Felaion having to carry her out (Sayvara weighs about 180-200 lbs/80-90 kg... and that's when not in armor... which she was) Kellidir and Archibold were left as the weapon wielders. They fought admirably and managed to slay many enemies on the way up, including at least one Fight-Master (Elite orc). Emberyn eventually met up and they finally made it out with a very groggy Sayvara.

When they reached Threstlebridge village Sayvara and Felaion had a huge argument with ended with Sayvara socking Felaion in the jaw... although she did admit she had fallen for a case of Berserker's Frenzy. The next day, Sayvbara calls Felaion to her room for a private talk.

-Sit down Felaion. I have some important things to discuss with you and I will ask you to be quiet and listen until I have finished.

- Now... the decision you took yesterday, it was dumb. In such a sit... I said be quiet! You will let me finish what I have to say! In a situation such as that - deep inside enemy lines and you are feeling you may be fighting a losing battle - you do not incapacitate half the force! That was dumb and the next time you try a stunt like that you can expect repercussions. You take down a case of Berserker's Frenzy by holding the person down until they cool. You do not turn them into dead weight you have to spend resources to protect! Bad freckin' move Felaion!

- Sure, glare at me all you want but nowhere in fightin' history has such a thing ever worked for the better. Kelli and Archibold deserves the highest of commendations for getting us out of there. The rest was sheer luck. Now, that stupid decision aside...

- I am concidering promoting you to be my second in command.

(( Felaion, that's your cue ;) ))
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:08 am

Having just worked himself up to retort to her accusations of what he did wrong, telling her that he did what he knew was right, as she was doing far more harm than good. The sudden offer hits Felaion like a brick. He looks dumbfounded at her, having lost all train of though.

Wha... wh... why? Who... what?

Are you out of your mind!?
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Felaion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:18 am

After a moment to regain himself.

Me? Why me?

Look around you! Haelewulf, Em, Adjanah, Even Archi and Kelli are better suited to that sort of thing than me!

Have you forgotten? I'm a Bleeding Coward!
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:32 am

Sayvara smiles at him... looking at him firmly, and also having a wee bit of fun at his bewilderment. But she is indeed serious.

- So you keep saying... but ignoring the fact that the decision was poor, it was decisive and bold. You took charge when command seemed to fail. As has been said since the dawn of war: "A quick decision now is better than a wise decision in a few hours". When Push came to Shove, you stepped up as a leader.

- You say you are a coward... and I don't doubt you still cringe at the thought of going into battle. Yet when you had to, you did what you thought was right with firmness and didn't falter. I want you to know I admire that.

- So... I havn't brought this up with Lirandel yet. I will do that as soon as I get hold of him so I want you to think things through until then. Get this into your head: I think you took the wrong specific action when you knocked me out... but because of the way you did it, I want to make you my alternate. That should tell you a thing or two what I think about ya.

- What say you?
Last edited by Sayvara on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:35 am

Pauses, thinking for a moment. Then Felaion performs a basic Gondorian salute.

I am willing Ma'am.

Thank you.
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:42 am

Sayvara smiles even wider

Good lad. After all... we are going into war. People are taken out of action... be it from blades, spears, sickness, insanity or just plain bad luck. Leaders are no exception. If I am taken out, someone must be ready to take my place on a split second's notice. And I think you can do just that. Your actions yesterday showed that.

As I said, I will have to bring this up with the Chief first. And I also want you to let this brew until we come ask you for real. But concidering what happened in the orc base, with a bit of training and military experience, I believe that you have what it takes to be an alternate to an officer.

Now... do you have any questions?
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:13 pm

Lowers his brow thoughtfully.

Just the one...

...can you teach me to fight again?
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Sayvara keeps her smile to him.

- The plans are already drawn up. I was planning on making you better with the blade even before this.

- I don't want you to get up on too high horses, nor do I want you to worry about about any burden this places on ya. You won't be a fully fledged officer... at least not yet. What happens is that you initially are given authority to take over the unit if the leadership fails. This lets you make decisions that allows you to either let the unit conclude the mission at hand, or retreat to safety and straighten out the mess. It's not too big... it just requires decisive action when called for. I have confidence that you could do such a thing if Lirandel lets you be my alternate.

Sayvara stands up before him in a way that every soldier interprets as the signal to get up on his feet. She extends her hand and when he takes it she gives him one of her handcrushingly strong shakes.

- You won't regret it Felaion. I am certain of it.
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Return to LOTRO: The Library