Training

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Postby kellidir » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:11 pm

Threstlebridge

"Hold him still!" Kellidir demanded forcefully as she stared at the wound on the soldier.

It was fiflty slash no more than half an inch into the thigh muscle where the tip of an orc's blade had sliced through the leather. It had been a short attack, no more than a hand full of bored orcs itching for an easy fight with the bridge guards. They'd done their damage and then run off, and now here she sat with the local physician across the room and two men in front of her holding her patient down.

She moved the pan of boiled water closer to herself and threaded the needle before lowering it into the boiling water to clean it. "I'm going to have to clean it first..." she gave the man a sympathetic look "... I'm afraid it's going to hurt."

The man didn't answer and carried on writhing in pain as two more men tried to hold him still.

"I can't work with him like that..." she mumbled as she stared at the patient. She wasn't entirely sure she could do it even if he was still, but she was intent on making Master Lirandel proud of her.

"I can handle that lass" one of the men holding the patient down swung a fist at the patients jaw, and then there was no movement.

"Thank you..." she muttered and picked up a cloth and dipped it into a seperate bowl of water and started to clean the man's wound. Her face paled and she had to stop herself from gipping as she wiped dirt and congealed blood from the damaged flesh. She dipped the cloth back into the bowl, cleaning it and staining the water with clouds of brown and red that began to mingle.

Mr Littlefield, the small town's only physician stepped up to her, looking over her shoulder like she was nothing more than a child. "Clean it some more" he instructed, he was thankful for the fact he had been sent help, but not so thankful that the girl seemed so inexperienced.

She looked up at the old man and nodded and set about cleaning the wound some more until all of the congealed blood and dirt was gone, leaving just the open raw wound. She set the cloth down in the bowl and looked over her shoulder at the physician. "Thats enough isn't it?"

Mr Littlefield nodded "Now stitch it up."

Kellidir shook her head and picked up the mortar and pestle, showing she had already crushed the some Athelas leaves with water to make a thin green paste. "I have to use this first"

"What do you think you're doing with that?" Mr Littlefield frowned at her. "Stitch it closed already."

Kellidir shook her head again and started spreading it in the wound. "It speeds up the healing."

The physician grabbed Kellidir's arm and yanked it, forcing her to drop the pestle and mortar. "And just where did you learn that nonsense?" he released her arm and stared down at her "Now move out of the way and learn from a real physician!"

Kellidir sighed and moved away reluctantly and sat down watching the physician as he set about cleaning out the wound again before stitching it up. She was certain the elf knowledge was right, she'd had it used on her shoulder blade in Celondim when Master Lirandel's mother had arranged for her wound to be tended to. But who was she to argue with the physician? he had a life time of experience ... and she was just learning...
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

North Downs:

Postby Lirandel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:32 pm

He sat crouched on one of the thicker branches of the now dead tree. Around him the fog slowly curled down into the grim scenery of Fornost. Here and there, he could see shadows moving and the sounds echoing through the omnient silence. Echoes of siege engines being pulled through the uneven decaying ground.

" To think this place was once a great kingdom of hope... How much more toil am I too witness before my end..."

His lips turned into a sardonic smile, while thoughtfully eyeing the enclosing orc host beneath his dirt covered cloak. His figure blending with the shades of the tree.

"Peace... Have I ever witnessed it in this place. Even when the kingdom stood, proud and defiant. The Men did not understand the wisdom of unity. Even their King... Greedy, selfish... Weak. A Fool..."

He adjusted his balance on the tree, tilting his head more intently as he coldly scanned the area, his white marble eyes a shade of grey beneath the shadows of his hood. suddenly a slight expression could be seen changing abruptly on his face. Like a subtle ripple in the stillness of a pond. A frown appeared as he watched a lone human warrior giving orders to a squadron of Orc's.
As she turned her black and red platemail glinted in the massive torches light. A twohander strapped on her back, her face observing the orcs with amusement. Suddenly she slowly turned around, squinting her eyes towards the tree he was sitting in. Seconds passed as the orcs continued their march. She in return was rooted in place, her attention fixed on the tree.

She began to walk slowly and measured towards his destination, unsheathing her twohander in one hand, then resting the other at the hilt's end.

When she came to the tree, it stood silently, like another corpse in Fornost. A victim of the corruption that had fouled the land. The branch was empty. Her eyes searched the tree a third time, an expression of scrutiny visible on her face.

She shrugged and in a rutine pace, turned and ran back to the host and was gone...

A shadow of Lirandel climbed up from the interior of the old tree. And watched her run.

"Ashika..."
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Haelewulf » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:42 pm

(( Very nice, guys! :-D ))
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Felaion » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:10 pm

((V. Good!))
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant