Sudden Conflicts

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Sudden Conflicts

Postby Felaion » Tue May 22, 2007 11:24 pm

**Rumors have been flying around the Thorn like wildfire recently. Somthing seems to be... a little off between Lirandel and Felaion. Firstly, Felaion now bears a shiny, fresh, black, swelling lump over his right eye, forcing him to squint. When seen together, neither will look the other in the face, and both advoid conversation with the other. When they do speak, it's often snappy, and their tone is always cold. If questioned, neither will say anything other than "It's Personal". Adjanah hasn't been seen recently either. For those who are curious enough to want to find out, they can probe the locals for imformation...**

After some search, those Thorns who care enough to try and resolve this, will be pointed to a disturbence in the Comb and Wattle Inn, in Combe, on Monday the 21st of May. Eventually, a man is found: Tom Farmer, a Bree-Lander who saw what transpired...

Tom reports that he was inside the Inn that night, had been nursing an ale, and hadn't paid any attention to the glum looking fellow at the bar. That was of cource, until a very tall bloke, who must've been Lirandel, burst into the tavern. His mere presence, and fiery glare was enough to cause the brigands across the room to cower back, and the Barmaid scuttled away to the back rooms. Tom says he remained though, watching the pair from across the room.
The tall bloke grabbed the smaller man, and turned him around, growling somthing at him that Tom couldn't quite catch. It seemed serious, and the smaller man was backing away, stumbling into the bar before realising he had nowhere to go. Lirandel appeared to be giving Felaion a good telling off, somthing about 'dropping his girl' then 'flirting with the Luitenant'. Felaion was nodding, agreeing and apologising. Then Lirandel must've said somthing that hit Felaion deep. Felaion stood up, refusing to be intimidated. His voice rose, and he accused a 'redheaded girl' of being part of the problem. Lirandel's voice dropped, but got louder. He seemed calmer, but... colder.
Lirandel demanded to know what 'Adjanah' who must be the redhead in question had to do with all this, apart from her usual slander. Felaion retorted, growing more angry himself, and suddenly became larger, less feeble in comparison. He said that Adjanah had everything to do with it.

Suddenly it became clear to Tom, and Lirandel. Lirandel had accused Felaion of flirting with the Luitenant. Felaion had assumed he meant Adjanah. Lirandel had meant someone else.

The realisation hit Lirandel like a brick. More like a slab of ice. His face and his actions went deadly cold. It hit all of us like a freezing gust of wind. He slowly stated what Felaion had just said.
You...
Have been flirting...
With Adjanah...
Tom could see it before it happened. Lirandel's fist close and unclose. Suddenly it lashed out, smashing Felaion in the head with a resounding crack. The boy fell, clutching for the Bartop to keep himself from striking the floor. I saw blood.

Lirandel stormed out, a pillar of ice, and a cold wind flashing past.
He left the boy, alone, bleeding, crying.

Somthing hit Tom then. This was serious stuff. It was more than minds and blood levels.
This was from the Heart.

The problem, however remains.
What should an adventurer do when their captain is overwhelmed? What should an ally do when their friend is sinful?
What should the soldiers do, when their leader is unjust? What should a comrade do when their ally is tormented?

What should a Thorn do?
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Wed May 23, 2007 8:56 am

(( Ouch.... that punch much have hurt in more ways than did Sayvara's little amateur dental surgery on captain Terlions buddy. Poor Felaion.

By the way: drama's fun! :D ))

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Adjanah » Wed May 23, 2007 11:01 am

I swear, I have nothing to do with all this! Innocent till proven guilty! I demand a fair trial!
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Wed May 23, 2007 11:33 am

Adjanah wrote:I swear, I have nothing to do with all this! Innocent till proven guilty! I demand a fair trial!

Pffft... What do you think this is? The Elven High Court of the Infinately Gullible?

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Wed May 23, 2007 12:31 pm

[[((Hehe, yeah. Lira and me wanted to make this well known to everyone =D. Try to get you lot involved in the manic drama :) ))

Of cource you don't Adjanah, do you want to see the punch again? In slow-mo? :P

Yoooooooouuu.........
Haaaaaaaaveeeee beeeeen fliiiiirrting...
Wiiiiiith Adjaaaaaaanah....

*Tom could see it before it happened. Lirandel's fist close and unclose. Suddenly it lashed out, smashing Felaion in the head with a resounding crack. The boy fell, clutching for the Bartop to keep himself from striking the floor. I saw blood.*

I rest my case.

I still want to know what happened when Lira found Adj!]]
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Archibold » Wed May 23, 2007 1:24 pm

I am just not getting all the drama. Who loves who , and who flirted with who , and who is jeleous ?

Perhaps because i am newcomer and bit out of the loop.

And IC , Archibold does not really know Flaion or Lirandel closely to be to concerned with romances of elves and humans.

So i guess i will not be much of asking anyways ... :o
Archibold

Postby Felaion » Wed May 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Hehe! Good grief, you don't actually want me to go back to the start and explain the WHOLE series? Wow... now it sounds like a TV show! :P.
Ahem.

Alright, I'll do it in simple for you... (or what I know anyway) don't worry, you'll get a piece of the drama I'm sure :) tis the way all things like that work. Spotlight on a few for a bit... moves on :P.

Lirandel treats Adjanah like a daughter. (Thats all anybody really knows about them)
Felaion met a girl (Kellidir) and started going out with her.
Everything was happy. Cue cheesy music!
But then...
Felaion and Adjanah started to be attracted to each other.
Felaion called it off with Kellidir.
Adjanah (friend of Kellidir's) shouted at Felaion for a bit, before realising she was partially to blame.
Lirandel found out about this, but got his facts muddled.
The disturbence in Combe.
Present Day.

Sorted?
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Archibold » Wed May 23, 2007 4:21 pm

That explains the lot. So i can also enjoy your soap ;)

Actually Archibold did ask Felaion about his feeling towards Adjanah ,
and got quite angry response. So i dont think he will be asking again.

Silly humans and wierd elves ! :roll:
Archibold

Postby Felaion » Wed May 23, 2007 4:33 pm

Haha! I don't remember this... It was probably because Fela was currently seeing Kellidir, and trying to deny any feelings for Adjanah :P.

Glad to have you along!
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Wed May 23, 2007 5:50 pm

*grumbles from the shadows*
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 am

Bah! Like it's my fault I am so amazingly cute. *huff*
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Thu May 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Adjanah wrote:Bah! Like it's my fault I am so amazingly cute. *huff*

/me hands Adjanah a burlap sack with two holes to view though cut out of it.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Thu May 24, 2007 12:26 pm

*I* still blame Adj.
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby kellidir » Thu May 24, 2007 2:25 pm

In the unwritten law of relationships .... The man is always wrong...

it's a universal truth :P
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Felaion » Thu May 24, 2007 3:54 pm

Of cource :P That's a brilliant incentive for Fela to stay isn't it.

Hello open road! :D
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Next

Return to LOTRO: The Library