Bio - Faradir

Short stories, maps, bios...it all goes in here.

Bio - Faradir

Postby Faradir » Fri May 04, 2007 8:25 pm

** This is a history of Faradir, told to you all as we have had some convivial time in the Prancing Pony with good meals and wine **

As you have asked it, hear me then and I will tell you of myself and please forgive me my clumsiness since it is long I have told stories and even longer since I have used these words as I have lived last three-fourth of my life either alone or with people who speaks languages other than here. So I think it's better if I do this shortly and roughly.

I was born in Edhellond in the year 1966 of the Second Age. My mother is Noldorin and was a late refugee from Eridor. Eridor was destroyed by Sauron three hundred years earlier in search for the Rings of Power. My father is of Sindar and he was a ship builder at the time of my birth. My mother was more skilled in the arts of politics and so she had a place in our council. She was a great songster too, although I had to say my sister was even better despite her age.

My Childhood and youth was happy time of everyday living. It was peaceful in Edhellond, as it was for the most of the Middle-Earth. As I grow up I occasionally helped my father in his ship-building yard. More often though, I found myself wandering around nowadays Gondor, in Ithilien were many of us lived at that time and sometimes I travelled even over the Ered Nimrais.

It was also a time when many of us departed across the Sea. It was the longing to the West but also ever-growing population of men from Númenor. My family stayed still in Edhellond as we liked our way of life there, my father has his ship-building and mother liked her duties in council, my sister was much-loved and I enjoyed travelling on the shores of the Middle-Earth.

But the end of the second age was closing. At first we heard about the downfall of Númenor and saw even more of now the survivors of Númenor, Dunedain. Then we saw how the Darkness started to take hold again in the Mordor and eventually Minas Ithil was taken. This resulted to an alliance between elves and men and to a great battle against Sauron. That battle last for several years ending to the defeat of Sauron and thus the end of the second age.

There were many brave acts during that war but those I can't tell you, some others shall do that, but I won't, since much more than bravery, it's the overwhelm sadness for the lost friends there and the lost of my sister. It was not at the end of the battle and all that kept me going was to prevent that to happen to anybody else.

After the war my mother and father couldn't stay in Edhellond any longer and they took the last ship my father then built and sailed towards West. I couldn't stay in Edhellond either, not that I could follow my parents. So it was even before my parents departed I left Edhellond.

I went back to the battlefield, to the place where my sister was fallen and as my despair was great I take an oath. As long as there are such an evil on the grounds of the Middle-Earth that slain my sister I will be here and fight against it. That said I headed East after the remnants of the Sauron's creatures.

For years I chased and hunted those beasts, where those orcs or men or even dwarfs of the Sauron's army. I burnt their camps and poisoned their foods; I killed their kidlings as easy prey. Most I took one by one in order to do it safely and keep hunting. I used all those powers I was learnt from the elders. I seldom encountered larger villages, rather camps with only few of those monsters. But whatever size it was, I stayed near one as long I managed to kill each of them. Time meant nothing, except for the need to go after the next foe.

So the time went by and the foes got sparse. During my journeys I was discovered a great lake and on its southern shore I set up my first encampment. Of that lake I first though it was a sea, but later I learnt otherwise as I travelled around it and even later I was told that the lake was called by some as Sea of Rhûn. Even I now had a bit firmly place to stay and several actually as I built camps or cottages in many places, but mostly on the shores of that lake, I still kept searching for the prey, unsuccessfully mostly and even more so after each year.

After several years of not seen anything else but wild animals I started a journey to the further east. Finally I wandered all the way to what I believe were the Orocarni, Red Mountains. I stayed there or was forced to stay there for quite some time. Of what happened there, I can't tell you now though.

When I came back from those mountains I find out that the men were settled down on the lands north of Sea of Rhûn and on it's northern shores. These were not those who has fight on the enemy's side, instead these were peace loving people, who lived in the small villages, farming and hunting and looking after each others. Where they were come they couldn't tell for they said that they were lived there always. They didn't even speak the same language as people here, although there was something common. I like the way they lived and I spend times with them. It was happy time as I made many friends and sad too as they grow old fast and passed away.

During those times I also met some dwarfs who have settlements in the mountains on north. Dwarfs were not that friendly as men and after soon I didn't travelled there, but staid closer to the lake and men there.

I'm starting to get closer to this day and why I came here, as it was that one day I got a visitor. He was an old looking man, but a man he wasn't. He named himself as Pallando and he was come to me as he was learnt of my presence, from whom, I don't know, neither he told. He spent several days as my quest and we talked all about what I had seen and of my time in east. He told me some of what has happened here during my absence and that Sauron has returned Mordor. He suggested for me to go Lindon and see the Elves there and so I did.

I'm sad I didn't come here earlier and sad that I lived so long in peace that much of my skills have faded.

That was my story and if there's something you want to ask, please do, but maybe another time, because I have to go now as I promised to a friend to see him tonight.
Faradir

Return to LOTRO: The Library