Outset for RP:

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Outset for RP:

Postby Lirandel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:15 pm

I am going to update this post as more ideas comes rolling from you guys.

General guidelines:

-Everything's downscaled back to the sense of helping a few people with their problems, rather than dealing with evil on a global scale. Local heroes, rather than celebrities.

- The Blackthorn has been divided and the Brothers and Sisters of the Company has not seen each other for some time now.

- how long has not been decided yet time is a bit tricky in the Lotro storyline. But essentialy some time has gone.

- The trainees of Lirandel has become full fledged heroes, veterans or whatnot of their craft.

- Lirandel in return has become weak from the sickness he received by the hands of Gwann and needs to rebuild himself through training. so the trainees becomes the trainers - the roles have indeed switched.

more ideas from your character or other fluff, just bring it ;)
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Outset for RP:

Postby Felaion » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 pm

-Everything's downscaled back to the sense of helping a few people with their problems, rather than dealing with evil on a global scale. Local heroes, rather than celebrities.
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:42 am

I was thinking on something last night.

What if we give the captain hat to another person?

Ranging from Wulf to Fela heck even Sayvara that blooming redheaded wench heheh. Indeed everyone can take the mantle if they wants it and it fits with the character?

I think its time for a change of pace - Just a late night idea? :)

L
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm game for anything. Do we even NEED a captain? Maybe we're just old friends meeting up and being heroic together? ;)
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:24 pm

To be honest... we don't need a Captain as such.

However... in a weird coincidence that was the concept I myself was thinking about as I RPed last night. When I started to think about Taurchil's personality and etc, I saw Fela/Taurchil (who under the impression that the true Captain is dead) finds himself back in Bree-Land, a Captain of Gondor, but also exiled under pain of death from their lands. (It's complicated). So he decides to use his time to do somthing for good... somthing he only ever really managed to do as a member of the Thorn. With no Thorn left, he'll decide that the Thorn lives on in him.

I saw Felaion making the decision to be the Company of the Black Thorn, to live in the beliefs of the previous, even if (in his opinion) the original is dead. Of course then he discovers that this is not quite the case. Certainly the new Fela is taking a lil bit of Lira's grumpy nature. However, if he were to run into anyone else he thought would make a good addition, he'd bring them on-board.

That's just what was running through my head :P
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Adjanah » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:31 pm

If you want the mantle, go with it and run with it, I'd say. Adj will probably be too busy to take care of dear ol' dad to even care much in the first place.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Haelewulf » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:01 pm

The green wanderer's been a "lone Wulf" for that long he's as much a ranger as anything else... so by all means. :)
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Lirandel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Interesting Mr Baker...
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby kellidir » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:48 am

Kellidir stayed with the elves in the place where Lira was being treated. WHile not being able to cure Lira, she settled for learning what she could about healing magics and herblore and even the elf tongue.

Over the passage of time, Kelli has shed the shadows of her past nightmares and has found her smile once more, and seems more graceful for her time with the elves.

However in her time with the elves she's only lifted her sword a few times, her combat skills now being a little rusty as she's become used to dresses rather than leather.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Felaion » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

*grumbles* ...Mr Baker my arse... I'm not a Baker any more!

...freckin' pointy-ear. You've got better things to do than think of silly things to say. Get back in the fight!

Anyway, I'll take the mantle if no-one else wants it. Taurchil is of Captain-Class, so I suppose it makes sense, but he's still very much Felaion.
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Now now Mr Baker... A bit of tone and tact please... Your title means little more than a drop in the water if you do not know how to utilise these qualities of yours in a more civilised manner... Never forget who you once were to your friends and ilk...

Aside from this I believe it a marvelous idea indeed. I am glad that these turns of events have come to pass...

*Gives a nod of acceptance then a slight smile crosses his lips his eyes beaming with mirth*

Let it be so... Mr Baker...
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Haelewulf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:57 am

Sounds good t'me. :)

Those coming across Wulf will find his green leather stained from much travel, and a weariness about him, as if he's aged somehow. He is more withdrawn, and although with some prompting the old twinkle in his eye can be relit, it takes more these days than it ever did before.

:)
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Adjanah » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Fela and Lira, since you seem to the ones mostly orchestrating what's going on here: How much time do you figure has passed, exactly? Judging from Fela's development, it looks like several years to me, at the least. What's your take on it? I'm not judging anything, I'm just trying to figure out where to stand. I'm fine with whatever, I'd just like to know.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 pm

I see it as aprox 1 year, actually. Fela's just achieved a lot in that one year... that's all.
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Return to LOTRO: History in the making