Team-gaming this Weekend! 22-23rd of February!

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Team-gaming this Weekend! 22-23rd of February!

Postby Lirandel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 am

Right listen up. I thought it was about time that we had a team up and made some missions together like in the old days. But also a chance to meet some new faces, if they would like to join us for fun and share our good hearted company... The weekend will be split up in two events. First off.

We will be taking some of the harder chapter's in the on-going story. Please bare in mind that you might have to wait until we get to your chapter, but this is not a reason why not to join, this is teaming and having a good time while exploring the many stories. Come and relive them again and this time with your friends! Also it would be a good thing for you to write here, in this thread, which chapter you would like to take and what not. If more players are on the same chapter we will follow that chapter to the end... Tag your post with Friday and your preferred chapter you want to finish.

Since many of us are in the lvl zone of 42-47, I thought it a good initiative to bring you together for some hardcore questing in Angmar. We will be flying all over the place, clearing quests and doing what needs to be done to at least get a lvl. People that have allready done this zone, Rejoice! A new story has been added and the place has been changed, subtle and dramatically.
I would like to see players, stepping up to the mantle and come to the aid of those of lower lvl. Angmar is a harsh zone, very harsh in fact. But a good team and some good coaching will help us most definently. This should also be seen as an opportunity for those "friends" outside the guild, or our local forum lurker, Cynwyn to come forth. Bring the good mood people and prepare for some hardcore questing. Remember we need a full team and if we are above the max cap for a team, which is 6? (Damn its been to long since I teamed up) :? , then we need to make it 12 and so forth and so on...

If you have anything to say concerning this event, tag it saturday. And please make a post if you can come, cant, or will invite one of your friends... 8)

Sincerely

Lirandel - Captain Mornereg.
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Re: Team-gaming this Weekend! 22-23rd of February!

Postby Adjanah » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:04 pm

Sounds lovely. But I need to get my cd from you before that then. The patching will likely take a full night for me.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Sounds like fun! I do have work on Sat... so I don't know how avalible I'll be.

Also, I thought I should know that the new chain quests you are refering to are intended for solo-play. There's no fellowship quests in the chain and the final quest is a solo-only instance!

Other than that... if we're going questing in Angmar, we'll need the passive trait that enables us to resist the effects of the watching stones. Or this is going to be a real short trip! (You get it from Book V: Chapter 2 or 3)
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Fortunately a hunter can port you past the stones if necessary, and a captain can summon you past them.

It appears, however, that you will be short a green-armoured button-nosed bag o' anvils... I shall be in Ireland!

All the best, though. Might send my dad along in my place...
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby cynwyn » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Lirandel wrote:Since many of us are in the lvl zone of 42-47, I thought it a good initiative to bring you together for some hardcore questing in Angmar. We will be flying all over the place, clearing quests and doing what needs to be done to at least get a lvl. People that have allready done this zone, Rejoice! A new story has been added and the place has been changed, subtle and dramatically.
I would like to see players, stepping up to the mantle and come to the aid of those of lower lvl. Angmar is a harsh zone, very harsh in fact. But a good team and some good coaching will help us most definently. This should also be seen as an opportunity for those "friends" outside the guild, or our local forum lurker, Cynwyn to come forth. Bring the good mood people and prepare for some hardcore questing. Remember we need a full team and if we are above the max cap for a team, which is 6? (Damn its been to long since I teamed up) :? , then we need to make it 12 and so forth and so on...

If you have anything to say concerning this event, tag it saturday. And please make a post if you can come, cant, or will invite one of your friends... 8)

Sincerely

Lirandel - Captain Mornereg.

*sighs*

Argh. Very nice of you to invite me - alas, the world of Cynwyn does not extend into normal times on Saturdays I'm afraid, or Fridays even. The peculiarities of my job means that I am often working until 11pm on Friday night and usually don't get home until Saturday 9pm, at which point my other half is clamouring for attention. I will try my hardest to get online on Saturday night, it should be possible but unlikely much 11pm - and that's UK time. :(

By the way, there's a great new device to make Fellowship Manoevres easier to plan which I tried out in Urugarth last weekend with a pick up group. I'm no hardcore gamer ^^ but we cleared out the place in about three hours (never done it before - that's probably slow lol).
cynwyn

Postby kellidir » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:48 pm

editted ... I don't know...
Last edited by kellidir on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Sunniva » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Hmm... Not even near 40.
Oh well...
Sunniva

Postby kellidir » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Well i'm now available for this.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Felaion » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Ouch.
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:40 pm

I will be running a bit late for tonights gathering. I will be online, at the worst, around 20:00 CET.

as for people having RL business to attend to, that is how it is! So no worries!

And for those on lower lvl's...

Tonights event will not necessarily be the later chapters but can be the early ones as well. You are welcome, if you can come!

see you on the flipside... :)

Sincerely

L
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Lirandel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:27 am

Saturday: I have been called to work, hopefully I will be back before the event. If not then go on without me.

Sincerely

L
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Sayvara » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Stranded in the middle of nowhere with nary an internet connection... and 3½ hours ride home, I'm likely to miss tonight's gaming. *sigh*

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Return to LOTRO: History in the making