[RP] Feeling like a sucker...

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Re: [RP] Feeling like a sucker...

Postby Felaion » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Suddenly Lirandel Mornereg lashes out with his right foot, keen elvish senses driving his foot expertly into Gwann's chest. As a result, Gwann is forced backwards, his feet catching on the rug laid upon the floor and he trips, only just preventing his face from smashing into the hard floor by holding himself up with his hands. Unprepared for the attack from the blinded elf, Gwann is too slow to prevent the second atack from Lirandel.

Moments later, Lirandel has the Sword of Thorns in his hand, and Gwann backed up against the wall. Lirandel lifts the weapon high to strike down upon Gwann's head... but stops before administering the final blow. Behind Gwann's mask, the assasin sneers.

"Can't kill me, can you Mornereg?" Gwann says as he gets back to his feet, facing Lirandel. "I think it might have somthing to do with the weapon you'r holding... and the truth you'r trying to deny."

Lirandel looks back into the blackness beneath Gwann's hood, and catches the glimpse of blue eyes, staring back at him. For a long moment, they stare at each other.

"It can't be..."

"Who're you trying to convice? Me, or yourself? Believe it or not, it's the truth. You've known all along... havn't you. You've always known..."

"You'd given it all up... you'd changed. You were a good person... why throw it all away?"

"I think you know the answer to that one too, don't you Mornereg?"

Gwann shifts his position, discreetly removing a flash-bomb from his belt, and keeping it hidden behind his back.

"I asked for one question Mornereg... did she ever love me?"

"Ask her yourself... son of the shores."

Suddenly Gwann throws the bomb to the ground, and the room is filled once more with bright light and smoke. A heavy object soon connects with Lirandel's head, and he crumples to the floor, out cold.

"I will... once you'r both dead."
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Re: [RP] Feeling like a sucker...

Postby Felaion » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Final post, to tie up the loose ends and end this particular chapter for the time being.

Birds sweetly began to sing a pleasant morning chorus towards the rising winter sun. Though earth was hard and bare, and food hard to find, still they would sing their pleasant melody to the morning. A gentle whispering could be heard from the bare trees of Bindbole wood as they fluttered in the cool westerly breeze. Nearby hobbits in Underhill were quick to awake and set about their important buisness, cooking and eating breakfast. To the east of Underhill, and deep within the Bindbole woods, where no respectable hobbit would explore, a ruined shrine of ancient workmanship stood quietly in the undergrowth. Though overgrown, and abandoned for many years the shrine had seen many things transpire in recent months. Last night was no exception, and a figure was lying peacfully on it's back in the center of the shrine. Wrapped up warmly in a dark black cloak, the figure had suffered no cold overnight, though the forest is covered in a sparkling layer of white frost. Lying beside the figure, on his right-hand side was a shining blade of carefull workmanship. As the rising sun flashed it's beams off the forged metal, the eyes of the slumbering figure began to open, two precious stones set in an expression of beautiful carved marble. The elf, for that is who he was, sat up carefully, running a gentle touch over a sore spot on the back of his head. Memories suddenly flooded into the elf's mind, while his fingers slowly grasped the hilt of the sword by his side. As he stood, he looked towards the east, seeing the figure atop a rise in the road to Bree, cloakless and standing beside a well-bred horse of fine quality in his minds eye and nodding once to him. The fictitious figure nodded back, and rode away into the distance, his troubled heart demanding solitude and peace, until the time would come for him to make his final choice, and walk his final path.

"Little by little, one travels far." - J.R. R Tolkein
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Previous

Return to LOTRO: History in the making