Campfire Tales: A messenger arrives... Sunday 29 July

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Postby Haelewulf » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:26 pm

I return!! And chances are, I'll be there. :) Man, lotta new names floating around since I left... Nice to meet you all!
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Beodric » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm

i wont take part in it
for obvious reasons
Beodric

Postby Adjanah » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:33 pm

Obvious reasons...? Huh?
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Saerid » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:33 pm

I should be able to make it.
Saerid

Postby Adjanah » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:00 am

Sincerest apologies for not making it, folks. Things got hairy on my part...I was supposed to have been at my niece's birthday yesterday, but I had been misinformed, so it was actually today. Sorry for not letting you know, but to be frank, I plum forgot... *shame*
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:49 am

Hey all, thank you for showing up! It was my first attempt at GM'ing and... well, hard lessons are those best learnt. I learned alot. See new sticky thread for the lesson in question. :D

Thank you for being good sports and playing along even though I railroaded you. :)

And thank you to Thary, hope you have fun wherever yo are. See ya in AoC!

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Archibold » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:42 am

Sayv , it was a great event. And a painful one too ( all deaths , wounds and kidnapping )
As for GM'ing , you did a great job - Only advice for this kind of situations is. Anticipate that players would want to do something about such critical situation , and try to figure out how to stop them. And if that fails tell them , they can not do it. There is one rule every player and GM should learn first.
What GM says goes , and there is no argue about it.

Except from that - My ISP decided to shut down yesterday night so i went on linkdead and could not relog... :(
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Sayvara » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:48 am

Archibold wrote:Sayv , it was a great event. And a painful one too ( all deaths , wounds and kidnapping )
As for GM'ing , you did a great job - Only advice for this kind of situations is. Anticipate that players would want to do something about such critical situation , and try to figure out how to stop them. And if that fails tell them , they can not do it. There is one rule every player and GM should learn first.
What GM says goes , and there is no argue about it.

Except from that - My ISP decided to shut down yesterday night so i went on linkdead and could not relog... :(

Well I was counting on the threat of their friends being killed would be enough to contain this blood-thirsty bunch. That's where I went wrong. :D

EDIT: On a serious note though... that is something one as a roleplayer must concider: your character is not a stoic pillar of stone. Fear, anxiety and such must be played too.

/J
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Haelewulf » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Sayvara wrote:
EDIT: On a serious note though... that is something one as a roleplayer must concider: your character is not a stoic pillar of stone. Fear, anxiety and such must be played too.

/J

Fear and anxiety manifest in different ways for different characters, though. :) And both depend on a certain level of empathy (particularly in a threatening situation where others are at risk), the presence of which is not a foregone conclusion.

All that to say that while the Wulf of several weeks ago would have been far *more* likely to acquiesce to the nutter's every demand... even before his psychopathic counterpart fully surfaced, the line between fear and fury is sometimes a thin one indeed. :)
In a sidenote, personally I was very pleased and impressed that both Sayv and Candil took the initiative and specifically took Wulf's knees out from under him, as I didn't want to force any drastic longterm consequences, but couldn't kneel without breaking character at that point. *grins and applauds* So fair play to you both!
Anyway, I enjoyed the event, and it's been a learning experience for everyone involved, I think. Let the good times roll! :D
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby kellidir » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:11 pm

I really quite enjoyed it, though the messenger found the majority of the thorn were rather savage and lacking a bit in the smarts :D
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Previous

Return to LOTRO: History in the making