Festival: Summerdays with the Thorn

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Festival: Summerdays with the Thorn

Postby Felaion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:48 am

This note will be found nailed up where the entire Thorn will be able to see it, at some time. The writing is careful, and precise, all save for the words: Felaion Baker, at the end. These are written in an untidy, childish scrawl.

Thorns,

As I'm sure you all realise, the festival celebrating the passing of the Summer Solstice is about to begin! This time of revellry is traditionally (or at least where I come from it was) spent with your family. Of cource, many of us do not have families or cannot go to see them at this festival time. However, we call each other 'Brother' and 'Sister' of the Thorn, so I say we make this like a real family! We can celebrate the passing of the longest day together, like a real family!

Thus, for this occation, I have drawn up a quick list, of events to occur during the festival season from the 20th June to the 10th July. If you are unable to attend because of any reason whatsoever, note it down on the end of this paper and I will see what can be done.

20th June - Festivities begin! I'm certain you will all want to spend the opening day of the festivities with the community, friends, allies outside and inside the Thorn. So I have nothing planned for this day, other than to request you go out and have fun!

21st June - The Day of the Summer Solstice. It is this day that is traditionally spend with the family and close friends, watching the sunrise and set on the longest day in the year. Thus, for those who do have families to spend this joyfull time with, I am proposing nothing happens on this day either. For those without family availible, I advice that you spend the day with the people you really care about. Someone you love, a close friend, whatever makes you happy. Just don't pass up this oppertunity.

22nd June - 24th June - Weekend. During this time, I know I, myself will be busy. Thus I propose that the ladies make use of this time to hold a 'Ladies Night'. What you do during that night is completly up to you, and to be honest, I don't want to know!

26th June - Tuesday. Lads Night. To balance out the 'Ladies Night' of a few days before, I propose a 'Lads Night' for the guys, let off a bit of steam, and get down to some serious drinking without the watchfull eyes of your girl/wife to make you feel guilty about drinking so much! Taven Crawl, here we come!

30th June - Saturday. The Thorn Party of Summerdays! I propose that on Saturday the 30th June, we hold the main Thorn party. What'll transpire during the party is anyones guess right now, and I'm asking for assistance in ideas and organising.

Please, write notes on the spare paper at the end of this note, giving your views, new ideas, if you'r availible or not, and most importantly what services you can offer for the party. Can you sing? Can you play an instrument? Let me hear it!

Enjoy Summerdays!
Felaion Baker

Dictated by Felaion Baker, Written by Fred Smith
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Sayvara » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:24 pm

(( Hotdamn!!! Nice work Felaion. Major kudos for it!! :) ))

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Lirandel » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:31 pm

(Great work :P )

L
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Archibold » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:15 pm

I suggest that we organize games...

I am preparing nice game of riddles !

But we can do other kind of games , like : Hide and seek , tag , gambling.

Than dancing and music , poetry ? Pipe Weed smoking ? Drinking games ? Visiting all the taverns of Shire :D
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Felaion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Great ideas Archi!

I propose we keep the Drinking games and Tavern Crawls to the lads/ladies nights, so as to give us the chance to get drunk then, but keep us vaguely sober during the main party!

Great game ideas! Keep them coming!
Definatly games! Great that your'r preparing one, just keep me updated on it!
All those games sound good too!
Dancing and music, definatly! So long as we can get some musicians to acompany the dancing!
Any voulenteers?

I can... sing. Sort of, if need come to it.

Dictated by Felaion Baker, Written by Fred Smith
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Adjanah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Oh please please please...no "activities"...I hate feeling like I HAVE to participate in some such of elaborate "activity" that usually ends up boring as hell... xD
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Adjanah wrote:Oh please please please...no "activities"...I hate feeling like I HAVE to participate in some such of elaborate "activity" that usually ends up boring as hell... xD

Well excuuuuuse us for tryin' to have fun over here little miss Grinch.Go sit in a corner and don't bother us over here! :D

Who's up for arm-wrestling?!

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:28 pm

Alright, let's solve the problem here...

...let's say, that we won't PLAN anything as such, apart from the date. On the actuall day, do whatever the hell you like! But it should involve all these ideas Archi thinks of! (If we can) :D
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Felaion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:30 pm

...apart from the Tavern Crawl! (And that'll be on the lads night so :P to you Adj!)
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Adjanah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:57 pm

I mean activities as in "Alright, at 19:00 we play hide and seek, at 20:00 we play Hopscotch" and so on and so forth...I'd just like the freedom to just attend the festival. Whatever activities we come up with WHILE WE'RE THERE, that's something completely different.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Archibold » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Ok. I can catch Adjanah's drift.

But will still think of few games. And let them be free for all that wish to participate? Perhaps even outsiders ?
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Felaion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:09 pm

*shrugs* I see no reason why not!
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby kellidir » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:20 pm

Whats wrong with a good pub crawl altogether? Us girls do need some visual entertainment as wulf gets drunk and streaks from pub to pub ... not to mention you owe us ladies lots and lots and lots of drinks. And you can't pay for them when you're not with us.

Then again ... with the monkeys away ... the girls can play *grins mischievously*
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Lirandel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:37 pm

Interesting synonym for men... Monkeys... Hm...
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Adjanah » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:42 pm

kellidir wrote:Then again ... with the monkeys away ... the girls can play *grins mischievously*

I'll bring the whipped cream.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Next

Return to LOTRO: History in the making