Fire and Marble

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Fire and Marble

Postby Lirandel » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:01 pm

Click here for Fire and Marble theme

"I am elf kind, we do not meddle and entwines our inner most feelings with the other short living races. The grief is unbearable and the lessons of the past cannot be overheard or disbanded as foolish. There in lies the truth. But too hell with it all. I would rather be with her and live. Than walk alone under the trees for an eternity to come. It is my choice. Wise or un-wise I must follow my heart..."

He looked at the arrow tip turning it in his hand. it was beautifully formed almost perfect. He found the thin chords he always carried and began fastening the tip at the end of the slender shaft. He had done this countless times before. So why was his hands shaking.

Dawn is setting.

The thin red line of orange slowly came forth in the east, shadows retreating in front of it. the hills and sentinel trees stretching towards him in a peaceful balance of nature.

The woods behind him had fallen silent hours ago and the night had belonged to the predators, but to his keen ears and senses he now could feel and hear the old forest awakening. The birds in the thickets and branches of the sleeping trees, were making ready for another day of survival. The bear mother grooming her cub. the wolf father stretching his legs, turning his head back into the cave grumbling to his lazy children. The thought came to him suddenly.

Mother, I love her.

He stopped and eyed his hands. He had dropped the arrow tip. He looked at it lying in the morning sun glinting like a jewel among the grass and wild flowers. He picked it up slowly, his thoughtful expression turning into one of surprise as he felt tears on his face.

He got up, his stance showing bewilderment as he stood there a distant and darker silhouet towards the outstreaching dale and the beautiful colored dawn.

Somehow I have always loved her.
Last edited by Lirandel on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Fire and Marble: The Sleepless Hours

Postby Lirandel » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:13 pm

Click here for Fire and Marble theme

The night gave way to the cold winds coming through the window. The stars were up, glistening like silver in the endless dark void above. Outside the noises of drunken villagers could be heard as they went their way. The music of the tavern had faded out hours ago. Still he sat in the window, naked, his face troubled with unsure thoughts. He turned his face and eyed the sleeping silhouet of Sayvara. Her arm had searched for his even in her sleep. Her body lay exposed, in return she had curled up in response to the coldness.

He slowly got up making sure as not to make a sound that would wake her, and gently put the sheets over her body and shoulder. She groaned in her sleep and he smiled, tilting his head as she mumbled an order for Beodric to get in line.

This was not real. This could not be. And yet here they were. A couple. For how long it did not matter. Time was not relevant. Only the moments lived in each-others embrace.

He frowned, a flicker of uncertainty. How sure she was of him. How sure was he of his own capabilities. Yes he was a warrior. A blademaster. He snorted as the thoughts came to him. What good it had done him in the long run. Fight yes. That he could. But other things... He ran his fingers through his black hair sighing to himself. It had been so long since he had let anyone close. Even Gwaedhlin. And now he had a family, friends. brothers and sisters, a daughter and a... And one he loved. He shook his head and mumbled. "You must be getting sentimental. Or perhaps I just have a flicker of you within me mother." His face became sad.

"A flicker... Just waiting to be snuffed out like a candle in a storm..."

Sayvara mumbled her voice drowsy from sleep "Come to bed lover. We... We have training with Beodric and... Candil tomorrow..." Lirandel turned his head and looked at the almost sleeping Sayvara and nodded silently, laying down beside her, holding his body close to hers. She replied with a sigh of comfort and soon dozed of again. He on the other hand nuzzled her hair taking in her scent as his body ached for her nearness.

"I cant live without you my Fire... But I cant live with you either..."
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:37 am

((Beautifully done, sah! And the choice of music is similarly excellent! :) One of my favourite pieces ever to be played on-screen... Firefly, I believe?))
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Return to LOTRO: History in the making