Campfire Tales: Children of Destiny

Events, event planning and evaluation.

Campfire Tales: Children of Destiny

Postby Lirandel » Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 pm

More info will be released.
[admin edit] Made image slightly smaller to be able to fit on the screen...
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Lirandel » Thu May 24, 2007 9:14 am

The event will transpire on wednesday the 30th of may at 20:00 CET.

We hope as many of you can come.

Sincerely

L
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Sayvara » Thu May 24, 2007 10:08 am

Lirandel wrote:The event will transpire on wednesday the 30th of may at 20:00 CET.

We hope as many of you can come.

Sincerely

L

Ack! Bad day!! I have Pen & Paper RP on wednesdays and I only get to do that every second week, at the very best. Pleasepleaseplease move it to another day! *begs on bare knees*

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Thu May 24, 2007 11:24 am

For those British People, as I know we had problems last time, 20:00 CET is one hour AHEAD of British Summer Time.
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Lirandel » Thu May 24, 2007 8:21 pm

Allright. Thursday 31th of may at 20:00 CET.

L
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby kellidir » Thu May 24, 2007 9:17 pm

count me in boss :D
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Sayvara » Fri May 25, 2007 8:59 am

Lirandel wrote:Allright. Thursday 31th of may at 20:00 CET.

L

Much better! :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Felaion » Fri May 25, 2007 12:11 pm

Sounds good to me :)
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Archibold » Tue May 29, 2007 1:40 pm

L

Unfortunately thursday and friday , i can not play.

Regardless I wish you a good RP :)
Archibold

Postby Adjanah » Wed May 30, 2007 10:16 am

I might not be home till around midnight tomorrow, so most likely won't be able to attend. Have fun though!
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Wed May 30, 2007 10:36 am

And I will be a bit late... sorry but someone tossed a late meeting at me that I simply cannot miss. I will be online no later than 2100 CET.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Sayvara » Thu May 31, 2007 11:00 am

Sayvara wrote:And I will be a bit late... sorry but someone tossed a late meeting at me that I simply cannot miss. I will be online no later than 2100 CET.

Strike that... I had to pull out. I'll be on time. :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Archibold » Thu May 31, 2007 7:25 pm

Archibold wrote:

L

Unfortunately thursday and friday , i can not play.

Regardless I wish you a good RP :)

Turns out I missed my ride - meaning I will be present at the RP event !
Archibold

Postby Sayvara » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:42 am

-- Sayvara's vision at Celondim --

(( Click for music to be played while reading ))

It is not the vision of her death that rattles her. For the last ten years she has gotten used to - sometimes even welcomed - the thought of ending her time in a battle, be it for Gondor, for Middle Earth, or just an inane bar brawl gone out of hand. The Song doesn't show her anything new in that respect... the vision is like she could have imagined it: dark skies with blackish clouds rolling with thunder; hills once green and lush, now torn apart and turned to mud by the blood of countless victims of war; herself surrounded by scores of enemies and putting a lifetime of passion and hatred into her last stand until her blade almost seems to be glowing with her rage. No... it is not that which shakes her world as she knows it.

He is there, standing beside her in the battle. Their movements are in harmony with eachother, as if sharing the same mind. They are fighting as one, laying down one attacker after another as they lunge at the couple. Lirandel and Sayvara, each one by themselves superior in battle, but together they seem to form a sphere around them through which noone can pass without meeting their end at the edge of her sword or the tips of his arrows. She is baffled by what she sees. Sayvara looks at herself as she seems to have grown. Her armor is like that of a knight, letting her withstand almost every attack... her sword a great gondroian blade which cuts through her foes with a power and precision that amazes even her. Without words, the Song shows her the greatest battle she ever fought, and she is not fighting alone.

But it is indeed a losing battle. Like the visions of the others she has just seen, the enemy eventually prevails. As the hordes close in on the couple they start taking wounds. Glancing blows at first; soon the edge of foul weapons mark their faces with cuts; the sphere inevitably collapses on them. Sayvara sees herself being shoved backwards by two gigantic brutes. Not even she with her strength can dig her feet deep enough in the slippery blood soaked ground to hold herself firm in place. Behind her someone thrusts a spear forward...

Everything seems to stop. The enemy knows she is defeated. She looks down at her chest, seeing the tip of the spear. The haft has broken from the violent impact and the tip is shivering slightly as her heart tries in vain to keep feeding her body. It is all over. It is as she would have imagined it. But the Song is about to get just as horrifying for her as is was for the others.

Before her is Lirandel, laying on his side on the ground with his eyes closed, mortally wounded. Sayvara doesn't know why, but the sight makes her hand fly to her mouth to keep her from crying out at the vision. Her eyes begin to tear in dispair as she watches what happens next. She sees herself sinking to her knees before the dying elf. In a gesture she can only see as tenderness her hand reaches out and touches his cheek before she leans down over him and kisses his temple. The last thing she does in her life is to lay down next to him, her back against his chest. She takes his arm and drapes it around herself, her fingers entwine with his. Though almost dead, she feels how he grips her hand. She squeezes his tight in return as she closes her eyes... almost as if to sleep next to him. The lingering sight of them there is like a boot to her stomach as she realizes she will get something precious to live for... only to have it taken away.

But the vision is not done with her. A slight shift, and she sees a young woman clinging to the dead lovers, screaming out her sorrow and loss. It is Adjanah. Sayvara feels terror take hold and she wants to call out to her, shout at her to run. She feels she must do something to make Adjanah get to safety. But safety doesn't exist any more. The darkened evil hand of an orc grabs her by her hair and tears her away from Lirandel and Sayvara, throwing her into the mud. As the vision fades Adjanah is being led away in shackles by triumphant enemies... her spirit broken... reduced to a slave.

In Celondim, Sayvara finds herself crying...

/S
Last edited by Sayvara on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Archibold » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:46 am

( Just wanted to say , great RP from everyone and great event ! )

Aftermath of the event for Archibold:

After gazing long time into the stream passing under the small bridge. Archibold wipes tears from his face and without any word to others runs towards town center of Celondim. There he stubbornly inquires about ales , beers and taverns. Until one more eloquent elf points him to a only person , a enthusiastic botanist who cultivates the finest elvish wine. Archibold dishes the small ransom paying for as much bottles that he can possibly carry. He than walks towards the particularly amazing vista
overlooking river Lhun. He sits there under a tree and starts drinking all the wine and singing whole night until the dawn , when he finally falls asleep.

(p.s - i am not writing if somebody joined him - this is possibility)
Last edited by Archibold on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archibold

Next

Return to LOTRO: History in the making