Well hello there!

OOC forum for LotRO specifics, news, tactics, and other goodies.

Well hello there!

Postby Cromes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 am

Hey guys. Long time no see 'n whatnot. Been busy and all, but been missing the RP we've had as well.

After some deep thinking (can't spell, I meant deep drinking) The Captain has convinced me to spend less time on this boring life and go enjoy what I... Well, enjoy. Gotta listen to my big brother after all. ;)

Soo... If I'm gonna hit LOtRO, what should I play? You know how I am (and well, drunk doesn't have to be a part of it), so I hope you could give me some pointers?

Anyhoo, hoping to see you all soon, brothers, sisters and whatnot. Especially you, Yontan and Rexx. We've got unfinished business! ;) Looking forward to seeing you!

- Cromes, Sergeant Brother of the Company of the Black Thorn
Laucian, Initiate of the Brotherhood Caesim
Ketil, the drunk youngling. ;)
Just see speedbumps as mini-ramps!
Cromes

Re: Well hello there!

Postby Sayvara » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Hiya Cromes!

What you should play? Hmmm... a dwarven tank might be good. :)

/Sayvara
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Haelewulf » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:07 pm

Oh dearie me. No sirree, if you want big, meaty damage along with the occasional big, meaty defence, a Champion is the only way to go! Get yourself a mighty fine two-hander and cause all the damage your heart could wish for!

Of course, a Guardian has far more longevity, a Burglar is a better duellist, Wardens have solo'd 24-man Raid content a mere 10 levels below them, Loremasters have solo'd entire instances designed for 6 level 50's, Runekeepers have damage, healing and crowd control... in fact, only Hunters do worse overall, and they're STILL awesome for run speed and teleports! :D

What floats your boat?
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:14 am

...so what did you pick? :D

Oh, and it's Rekk here, in case you weren't sure! :)
Haelewulf

Postby Lirandel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 am

Aye? I am curious as well? :mrgreen:
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Cromes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh, yeah... Rekk. Whoops. The beer got to me. ;)

I believe Champion is the way to go. Like Laucion and Cromes before him, my big meatbag, 2-hander damagedealers are never really that well built, nor made for their solo- and survivalskills. If I want such, I'll make a second character. hehe..

So, once I get a little more control of my life, I'll come try this thing out (hopefully next week)! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Oh, and Sayv, I don't play dorfs... Ever. ;P
Cromes

Postby Haelewulf » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Clearly I shall have to work on my hunter next, as we have basically all the other classes covered! :)
Haelewulf

Postby Lirandel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Although I am sworn to secrecy by said individual. We got another new player and thereby a Hunter inbound within the next two weeks as well. :mrgreen:

Heheh..... Myes... :wink:

*Slithers back from whence he came.*
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Cromes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Well, between Mass Effect 2, drinking, work, and my new girlfriend, I won't have time to join in this week. With some luck, next week will have more hours per day, or at least I'll have more time to spare. heheh..

Will hopefully see you all then!
Cheers!
Cromes

Postby kellidir » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 am

Haelewulf wrote:Oh dearie me. No sirree, if you want big, meaty damage along with the occasional big, meaty defence, a Champion is the only way to go! Get yourself a mighty fine two-hander and cause all the damage your heart could wish for!

Of course, a Guardian has far more longevity, a Burglar is a better duellist, Wardens have solo'd 24-man Raid content a mere 10 levels below them, Loremasters have solo'd entire instances designed for 6 level 50's, Runekeepers have damage, healing and crowd control... in fact, only Hunters do worse overall, and they're STILL awesome for run speed and teleports! :D

What floats your boat?

So What Wulf means is ... Don't go Minstrel ... we get our asses kicked hard, we do crap damage, our heals are far too expensive to be any use in a prolonged fight ... not to mention that they draw agro quicker than if we'd run up to the corporeal form of sauron and kicked him squarely in the nuts...

Poor Kellidir *hugs main avatar better*
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Return to LOTRO: The Lobby