Next expansion announced: Siege of Mirkwood

OOC forum for LotRO specifics, news, tactics, and other goodies.

Next expansion announced: Siege of Mirkwood

Postby Sayvara » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 pm

http://community.lotro-europe.com/news. ... &type=news

NEW FEATURES:

The Epic Conclusion to Volume II: Mines of Moria™ – Under the command of Celeborn and Galadriel, players will fight through vast armies of Orcs alongside the Elves of Lórien in a battle that will take them to Dol Guldur, the fortress of the Ringwraiths. This update includes Book 9 and the Epilogue to the sweeping epic tale begun with the award-winning Mines of Moria expansion.

Increased Level Cap — Players will be able to advance their characters up to level 65, gaining access to new traits, virtues, skills and class quests.

Join Epic Battles On Demand! — Jump into battle with the new Skirmish system. Skirmishes offer endless action in repeatable, randomized instances for up to 12 players. Create and lead your own army of customizable soldiers into battle, training them to greater skill as you earn victories against the forces of shadow. Stand and fight wherever violence erupts with the ‘World Join’ feature, which lets you and your friends band together to fight Skirmishes from anywhere in Middle-earth.

Take up Arms! – Infiltrate the dark jails, deadly arenas and savage stables of Dol Guldur, the fortress of the Ringwraiths, and strike a blow against Sauron’s forces in new 3 and 6-player instances. Call upon your fellows to adventure into the most deadly 12-player raid yet and face the ultimate challenge – the Nazgûl Lord!

Major Gameplay Enhancements – Turbine continues to improve the award-winning experience of LOTRO with major improvements to the combat and Legendary Items systems. Players will experience improved responsiveness when in the heat of battle. Players will also be able to create and craft their own customized Second and Third Age Legendary Items from raw materials and grow their weapons’ power to level 60. Achieve new Legacies, new titles, and a fourth Runic slot that will make Legendary Items even more unique and powerful.

Details of Codemasters Online's exclusive European Siege of Mirkwood pre-order and package offerings will be made available soon.

Timetable says that this will be available before christmas sales.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Re: Next expansion announced: Siege of Mirkwood

Postby Adjanah » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Lawdy, they're working fast! o_O
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Felaion » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Good on them. Good on them.
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Haelewulf » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Renovating combat systems sounds like a fat lot of win to me! :D

Especially considering the rather damning discovery that their weapon speed balancing factor is so broken that there's a 20% DPS difference between axes and swords, let alone axes and daggers. :D
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby kellidir » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 pm

I like the sound of developing your own small army. If they manage to give combat that missing spark, then it would make the game so much better.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Archibold » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 pm

I am just glad for Mirkwood :)

I really hoped they will expand little more into areas from Hobbit , before they continue towards Rohan.

And oh well, hope they bring some fun new skills for burglar this time ;)
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Haelewulf » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Patch notes are out!

Most interestingly for me, weapon speed has been done away with entirely! :)

Now I have two expensive and unwieldy weapons. Yay. :D
Haelewulf

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 am

Loving it. Combat is SNAPPY, and weapon DPS has been normalized... which in my case meant "buffed." :)

I currently rip through green-con baddies (money grind) in about 10 seconds max.

Let the good times roll!
Haelewulf

Return to LOTRO: The Lobby