back on after

OOC forum for LotRO specifics, news, tactics, and other goodies.

back on after

Postby Yontan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm back on (finally) with Throski the Runekeeper. little dwarf dude who zaps things that get in his way. whey!
Throughly enjoying the first few levels, I'm out of the introduction, just broke lvl 10 then did my usual "Charge! oh crap i'm not a guardian, RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!" and died, but then there was a nifty "revive" button..so i clicked it and low and behold i stand again! "That was new", I thought to myself. hmmmm.

anyway. cya online?
Yontan

Re: back on after

Postby kellidir » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 pm

yeah, i thought that function was quite nifty, though you can only use it once per hour, so it doesn't take away the benefit of healers. You should also notice that theres a few more social outfits out there too. I do think this game continues to go forward on the behalf of roleplayers. if only there wasn't a spark missing from adventuring.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:52 pm

kellidir wrote:yeah, i thought that function was quite nifty, though you can only use it once per hour, so it doesn't take away the benefit of healers. You should also notice that theres a few more social outfits out there too. I do think this game continues to go forward on the behalf of roleplayers. if only there wasn't a spark missing from adventuring.

Not entirely true.

I believe it's once every 15 minutes from levels 1-10, once every half an hour for levels 20-30, and then it's up to either 45 minutes or an hour after that.

:)
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Yontan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Well i don't tend to die that quickly, so its useful whatever the rate.

Still getting used to more than one row of skills...the attunement thingy is pretty cool. i'm at lvl 14 i think, still running around EL which is all new to me. Its pretty cool playing a dwarf. :)
Yontan

Postby kellidir » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Haelewulf wrote:
kellidir wrote:yeah, i thought that function was quite nifty, though you can only use it once per hour, so it doesn't take away the benefit of healers. You should also notice that theres a few more social outfits out there too. I do think this game continues to go forward on the behalf of roleplayers. if only there wasn't a spark missing from adventuring.

Not entirely true.

I believe it's once every 15 minutes from levels 1-10, once every half an hour for levels 20-30, and then it's up to either 45 minutes or an hour after that.

:)

a couple of weeks ago i died at level 14 and got a 1 hour timer.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Haelewulf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Hmmm. It's always worked fine for me, and was in the patch notes... ah well, who knows. :)
Haelewulf

Postby kellidir » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 pm

maybe they changed it before or after I died? they could have increased the duration to not take away from the healers or reduced it at the request of players?
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Haelewulf » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm guessing before. Maybe people complained about rez's being less in demand. *shrugs*
Haelewulf

Postby Yontan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:20 pm

when you hit journeyman status the revive time goes upto 1 hour.
Yontan

Postby kellidir » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:32 pm

ah, thats probably why i didn't realise ... I was aiming for one of those fancy "I ain't died" super titles and failing.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Return to LOTRO: The Lobby