Where is everyone?

OOC forum for LotRO specifics, news, tactics, and other goodies.

Where is everyone?

Postby Emberyn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Seiously.

I come back and hear your having a LotRO fest, so I think, yknow, finally, but by the time I spend the week needed to download the darn patches you've all jumped ship, again!

Any chance your coming back any time soon?
Emberyn

Re: Where is everyone?

Postby Haelewulf » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:18 am

I was on today, I tell you! :D

Missed you by half an hour, if memory serves. :(

Don't worry, I'm on a lifetime subscription; like Arnie, I'll always be back. *grins*
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Emberyn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:29 am

I saw that, Haele. If I recall, I was seeing what things had changed on the MP side of things (anwser: nothing) during that time. I'll be on Em most of tomorow if you want to catch me.

But I was mostly concerned about the Thorn in general. How do you expect me to keep up with you guys? I mean, I like to commit to an MMO. When I start an MMO, I intend to play it on and off for three years at least. I can't keep kangaroo hopping around, it messes with my brain!
Emberyn

Postby Archibold » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:49 am

Well , my 3 month re-subscription ended.

I think i played LOTRO long enough. And will be uninstalling it now. It is seriously time for something new.

AOC is around the corner. If it will be any good ?

And if AOC fails to impress. Than i dont know what to tell you. :cry:
I will surely be playing Jumpgate Evolution.

Right now - there is only Mythos in my online book
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Adjanah » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:48 pm

More or less the same for me. I am killing time until AoC...any MMO I take up in the meantime is only temporary and is played merely at my whim. I am poking SWG and AoC beta at present, and doubt I'll be back in LotRO except for events, should such be arranged.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Emberyn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Everyones really putting the eggs in AoC's Basket. I just hope to heavens it does not suck, because if it does, I doubt we'll ever settle on an MMO again.
Emberyn

Postby Archibold » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I am in no AOC beta. But i have creeping feeling , it will not be really good.

The problem is , i need to upgrade PC - especially for it. And i dont know if it will be worth it ?

Perhaps Adjanah , you can shed some light on the topic ? :(
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Haelewulf » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:00 pm

I'll be delighted if AoC gives us a solid base for some longterm gaming. I daresay that AoC will be as good as we make it, in all fairness. Let's be honest; most of us will put up with a fair bit in the name of gaming. Sloppy interfaces, an absence of favourite features, even naff combat and poor customization... we take it on the chin and hope for improvements (which do generally come.)

Some bits of AoC I will enjoy without a doubt... mounted gaming, for instance! I know that one of my favourite aspects of CoX (which I will carry over into Champions Online) is that simply moving about is a blast. This is one area that LotRO sucks the big one in.

And Arch, it's ALWAYS worth upgrading, if you can! And with gfx card prices dropping and a quadcore processor available for significantly less than 200 quid, it's as good a time as any, I reckon. :D
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Archibold » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Haelewulf wrote:And Arch, it's ALWAYS worth upgrading, if you can! And with gfx card prices dropping and a quadcore processor available for significantly less than 200 quid, it's as good a time as any, I reckon. :D

Right. My PC is basically 4 year old gaming rig. ATI x700 , 1 gig ram... nothing to write home about.

However , i am pondering lately: Should i buy a new GAMING PC , or just upgrade this old one and buy XBox 360.... AOC is the only MMO that aims for high end PC. Same goes for other PC games. High end graphic = low sales.It is a lesson learned for PC developers.(just look at dev reports for every other MMO , they all boast how their games will be completely playable , even on old machines)

So it boils down to - buying a new PC for AOC. Or just upgrading.

And right now , i am really sceptic about AOC.

I am sure it has nice graphic and animation.

But combat system seems a bit too button mash intensive. It all sounds a lot like a real good action oriented single player RPG - with other people playing aswell. And not like virtual fantasy world. It is hard to explain what i mean.... but maybe you understand.
Archibold

Postby Emberyn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Missed you by 20 minutes, Haele. :/

I've played the Beta a bit on my friends account. It's not... Bad, but it does feel like an Xbox game. Loading screens everywhere, kind of chunky movement, etc.
Emberyn

Postby Sunniva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:28 am

But but... I´m there...
Not good enought for you, eh?
Sunniva

Postby Yontan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:39 am

i'm on as Faerndan every now and then. certainly not grinding to get to 50. when i do it'll be good though. i'll be hitting the raid quests HARD. I had fulling intended on upgrading my system for aoc release. it needed doing if i was to continue to keep up with gaming requirements, and aoc seemed as good a reason as any. but my feelings toward aoc have changed in recent months and certainly at plans to upgrade has been delayed until further notice. At the moment lotro works and although i can't get many reinforcements during medieval 2 total war kingdoms battles, it doesn't hinder my enjoyment and relaxation.

anyway...not sure why i just told you all that..just to say..i'm about on lotro.
*waves*
Yontan

Postby Lildarwen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Cancelled LotRO long ago due to financial problems.

I have an active Station Pass - and that gives me access to many games I still enjoy.

I am also playing WoW for a bit (got a gamecard and a ressurection scroll by a friend).

But what I am really looking forward is AoC. Not because the game is so great... no because we all decided to play there and build something up. I miss roleplay... it's a sad time running around without it.

Meanwhile I ask myself if anyone of you missed me :(
Lildarwen

Postby Sayvara » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Lildarwen wrote:Meanwhile I ask myself if anyone of you missed me :(

Aw Lil, of course we did/do! *big hugs*

I miss roleplaying with all of ya. It's been so long since we had good active RP going for us. We're treading water for AoC and that has put a bit of damper on the mood to engage in active RP in the other games.

But with AoC, I think we'll go in with a bang and then just keep rolling. :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Lildarwen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:57 pm

awwww *huggles Sayv* can't wait - can't wait *sighs*
Lildarwen

Next

Return to LOTRO: The Lobby