Alert: Kinhouse is gone

OOC forum for LotRO specifics, news, tactics, and other goodies.

Alert: Kinhouse is gone

Postby Saerid » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Yep as the title says it our great and cozy kinhouse in Rodstead is no more because apparently everyone forgot to pay the upkeep. :(

Despair not my friends! It can still be saved. Lira should have all the stuff in his housing escrow and the gold should've been returned so we can still get it back. It's in Lira's hands though.

I think devs mentioned that in book 13 or at least at some point you wouldn't lose the house if you don't pay upkeep. At least not immediately. It would only prevent you from entering the house. Would be nice to get that feature ASAP so these kind of situations could be avoided. :)
Saerid

Re: Alert: Kinhouse is gone

Postby Sayvara » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm

What?! :shock:

Good grief... what do we do now? Should we try to get it back?

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Lirandel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:54 pm

I will take a look about the Kinship house when I get home. :wink:

*Salutes*
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Faradir » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Lirandel wrote:I will take a look about the Kinship house when I get home. :wink:

Just noticed, not knowing how long the option has been there though, that you Lirandel has been inactive so long that I was able to usurp the leadership. Which I did in order to check if I might be able to resurrect our kin house... just to find out that I couldn't, there was no escrow.

Now, to whom should I tranfer the leadership or shall I just keep it for the time being? 8)

-F-
Faradir

Postby Lirandel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm

A good question indeed Fara...

Since most of the Thorn is going to give AOC one helluva chance come May the 20th, I reckon whoever wants the position as leader can claim it.

As it has been said in so many other threads, many of the thorns will not abandon Lotro, however they will be playing AOC.

As for me Lotro is on a pause...

So what do the Thorns think we should do about this?

Any solutions?
"Boots to asses... Or Imps out the airlock." -Antora Kel - Trooper Vanguard
Lirandel
Grumpy Old Fart

Postby Sayvara » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Well... not that the idea of the Thorns not being in Middle Earth in any more doesn't sting a bit, but I still vote for a huge "So Long, And Thanks For All The Orcs" party. The purpose would be to bring a lovely period in the Thorns' history to a bit of a close, and still leave a lingering legacy. We grew, we made new friends and we had a heck of a good time. I'd rather remember all that with a smile rather than pout over RP we won't be having there in the future.

Because after all, this is the way it is. Some stay on... some move along. It goes for all games we play. If we cannot deal with that, well then we may as well close the shop and not band together at all. I for one had a heck of a difficult time with this... but now I'm much cooler with it.

My two coopers...

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby kellidir » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:53 pm

The main reason I haven't cancelled LOTRO is because I have a life long membership so it costs me nothing to pop in and see how things are going.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Adjanah » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:20 pm

As far as I'm concerned, LotRO is closed for me. I've been giving it many, many a chance now, and it just isn't me, I must say. Don't think I'd even open it again for a final goodbye-blast of a party, as I'd have to put down a full month of subscription just for that.

While we played, it was you people that kept me there, and the way things look at present I don't even think I'd come back if everyone started it up again. It's really AoC or nothing for me for the foreseeable future, I think. SWG has a lot going for it too, but that game is riddled with problems as well. Lot of good things, lot of bad things. I'm pretty much entering the final hibernation before AoC, I think. Gonna try and take a bit of a break from mmo's in general until we can start all over. And unless AoC really, really kicks ass, I might not even hang around there all that much, although I'll keep the subscription open. We'll see. :)

For those that choose to stay in LotRO, I think it's pretty much up to you what you want to do with the kinship house and the future of the Black Thorn there. :)

Sorry for being a drag and not being all social, but if anyone wants to talk, I'm often on MSN. ^^
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Haelewulf » Thu May 01, 2008 6:21 pm

I too will always be something of a presence in LotRO, seeing as I too have a lifetime subscription.

If carrying the leadership means that you can't join another kinship with Fara and want to, I'll happily take it on with Wulf to keep the name and whatnot, but if you're happy to continue with it then welcome. :)

I will be playing AoC, but LotRO will always be a place I go to spend time with m'dad, so Wulf will stay at least semi-current. :)

I'd like to think that whatever happens with the actual kinship in-game, we'll still stay in touch via these forums... the Company is, after all, bigger than any one game!
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Sayvara » Thu May 01, 2008 7:40 pm

I too would be very happy to have one of the "lifers" to take the leadership. Keeping the name would nice... if nothing else for nostalgia. :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Sunniva » Fri May 02, 2008 7:47 am

So me and Saerid are the only two who are plaing LoTRo anymore?
But dont promote me, I dont like to be leader :)
Sunniva

Postby Sayvara » Fri May 02, 2008 9:46 am

Sunniva wrote:So me and Saerid are the only two who are plaing LoTRo anymore?
But dont promote me, I dont like to be leader :)

Faradir too. Haelewulf, Kelli and Candil has lifetime accounts. I still have a sub but only pop in sporadically.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Faradir » Sun May 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Yep, I'm one of the lifetimers as Sayvara said. And as I'm not that much up for the raiding or such which might need more active kinship I'm happy to keep our kin alive over there as it is. And of course, if somebody happenes to need the leadership, I'm happy to transfer it.

See you all in AoC! :D

-F-
Faradir

Postby Sayvara » Mon May 05, 2008 10:15 am

Faradir wrote:Yep, I'm one of the lifetimers as Sayvara said. And as I'm not that much up for the raiding or such which might need more active kinship I'm happy to keep our kin alive over there as it is. And of course, if somebody happenes to need the leadership, I'm happy to transfer it.

See you all in AoC! :D

-F-

Thank you Faradir. :)

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Return to LOTRO: The Lobby