Think that's it for me, folks

OOC forum for LotRO specifics, news, tactics, and other goodies.

Think that's it for me, folks

Postby Adjanah » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:40 am

Mmright. As you've no doubt noticed, I've not been on much lately, folks. To be honest, the game is dying utterly on me. Mechanics-wise it's too close to WoW, just not as well made...and having already made a lvl 70 character in WoW and played it for 3 years, I just can't build up the urge to keep going. I see the rp dying out fast, and I just can't put in the effort to play Adj like I want to lately.

So...I'll have to call it quits, at least for the time being, folks. With my budget, I can't justify having an account open just for half-heartedly participating in this or that event. I may be back at a later point, I may not. Can't say at present. I hope I will see you all for AoC at least.

*tight, tight hugs for all of you*
Thanks for all the fun we had, folks. It was lovely, for a time.

PS. I'll try to come up with a reason for Adj to disappear IC'ly, but so far I'm pretty blank...any ideas?
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Re: Think that's it for me, folks

Postby Sayvara » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:08 am

A suggestion: rather than just bailing ship, could you tell us what you would like to see? As for me I too feel that a little revitalization would be good. Go on... make a wishlist and we'll see if we can't give it a kick in the bum and get things going again. :)

I for one have been going on idle for a while but now as fall is approaching, I'm getting slowly the urge again and feel like getting down to some serious playing again.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Adjanah » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:19 am

Naw, been there and done that, Sayv. What I need is a break. Been through all of this before in WoW several times, and a break does wonders to my motivation. Thanks for the offer, though...it's appreciated.
If I was to pinpoint what I need, it's more casual play. I am *sick* of drama, and I am sick of doing the same quests over and over again. If I am told to kill anymore boars I am going to scream.

I've gotten hold of City of Heroes/Villains and is happily poking that at the moment. It's not deep, but it's *fun*. I'm going to do a proper invite for anyone interested over the next couple of days actually, just still working on it.
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby Sayvara » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:21 am

Adjanah wrote:Naw, been there and done that, Sayv. What I need is a break. Been through all of this before in WoW several times, and a break does wonders to my motivation. Thanks for the offer, though...it's appreciated.

Read and understood. Rest up and get the urge back. We'll be waiting for ya. :)

Adjanah wrote:If I was to pinpoint what I need, it's more casual play. I am *sick* of drama, and I am sick of doing the same quests over and over again. If I am told to kill anymore boars I am going to scream.

Aye... some good old fashioned "Sit down and have a brew" RP has sort of fallen back. Going to bring that up in another thread.

/S
Sayvara
Chaotic Neutral Admin

Postby Lildarwen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:09 pm

*sobs*

Take a break - and hopefully we see again. Really loved it to play with you. Adji was always fun.

Take care and don't forget the silly elf maid.
Lildarwen

Postby kellidir » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:51 pm

I know what you mean about it feeling like a WoW clone and getting bored of it. I can barely get the motivation to quest any more. And after finding that to complete my minstrel quests I now have to do an instance multiple times that is so big ... its a "closed instance" in that the instance stays in place for a week after exiting it so you can pick up where you left off. and you can only have people join you if you're up to the same point. So you need the same group for several nights of PvE in the instance. And I don't really see us organising that.

I also don't find the dungeons/instances to be that good really.

I still much prefer the combat of eq2 and I am waiting for AoC to come out.

Maybe the introduction of player housing and districts might revitalise the rp as it reopens social rp without the horror that is the pubs.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Archibold » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 pm

As you too surely noticed

I did qute few topic in "what shall we play next" style.
I just can not stay logged in LOTRO for more than 30 minutes.

I too am desperate for the change. Unfortunately AOC didnt come as planned , and POTBS is letdown for me. Right now i got Gods & Heroes beta spot , which is remotely fun to play.

But if anyone is planning on a move , i am game

COH/COV sounds good to me :D
"Reality is the part that refuses to go away when I stop believing in it." -- Phillip K. Dick
Archibold

Postby Haelewulf » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:55 pm

*sighs* I guess I could dig up my CoX account to hang with you guys... *winks and grins*
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby Felaion » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:22 pm

Awh! It just won't be the same without you Adj.

But I understand. :D
Master Vagandro Rist - Jedi Sage & Diplomat
The Jolly Green Giant
Felaion
Farmboy

Postby Beodric » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwww dont you all start bailing out, i think like sayv and wulf, i still see a lot to play and to do, i still have good time mainly and usualy but staying alone will be sad :(

and what is COX
COH/ COV ?
Beodric

Postby Haelewulf » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 pm

City of Heroes and City of Villains (or CoH/CoV for short, or CoX for even shorter.) :)
Haelewulf
Button-nosed sack of anvils

Postby kellidir » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:20 pm

One copy of COV/COH combined set bought ... and the extra specials pack bought too.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Adjanah » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Extra specials? o.O
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Postby kellidir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:54 pm

stuff like a jetpack and stuff. what you would have gotten with the collectors edition in the shops.
kellidir
Seriously Sassy Surgeon

Postby Adjanah » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:35 am

Ah, must be the same I got then. I got a VIP pass for Pocket D and a jetpack. Is that what you're talking about?
Adjanah
Apple-sister

Return to LOTRO: The Lobby